Senior Principal Robotic Safety Engineer - Remote
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive and people’s lives more fulfilling.
About the role:
The Safety Engineer will be responsible for confirming that the Digit robot meets all applicable functional safety standards, regulations, and requirements to support commercial deployments in multiple international markets. As a key member of the product compliance team, the safety engineer will promote a culture of safety at the company and ensure that product safety requirements are captured and implemented during product development.
About the Work:
- Understand, promote and translate product requirements pertaining to the US and International
standards for Functional Safety (e.g. ISO/TS 15066:2016, ISO 13849, IEC 61508, Machinery
Directive 2006/42/EC, etc.) and other related areas.
- Define safety requirements by facilitating product hazard and risk analysis, system-level FMEA
analysis, and analysis of relevant safety standards.
- Perform fault tree/FMEDA analysis, and propose safety mitigations for our HW/SW integrated
- Support development, evaluation and testing of safety relevant functions.
- Support specification and documentation of safety architecture at systems, hardware and
- Support the development of processes that comply with relevant functional safety norms
- Collaborate with concept and product development teams to integrate functional safety early in
the design process
- Coordinate safety assessments with other external lab and certification authorities.
- Maintain a balance between the perfect technical solution, safety standards, and business risk.
- 3+ years of product safety or comparable experience.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotic Engineering, and/or at least an equivalent years’ relevant
industry experience focused on engineering safety.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Functional Safety Engineering including experience
conducting hazard analyses and knowledge of common functional safety standards for electronic
and robotic systems
- Demonstrated ability to own an assignment and see it through to completion.
- Ability to travel when necessary (less than 10%)
- Authorization to work in the USA
Preferred to have:
- Advanced degrees with professional engineering experience
- Experience with a range of domestic and nondomestic mechanical and electrical engineering
requirements (e.g., Functional Safety, Machine Safety Machinery, Radio, EMC, , etc.).
- Certified Functional Safety Professional or Certified Safety Specialist or Certified Machinery
- Experience defining safety concepts and requirements for sophisticated, autonomous robotic
- Experience with embedded system software development and verification
- Experience working with TUV Rheinland, TUV SUD, and other Nationally Recognized Testing
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Company Paid Disability, Life, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (for AR employees)
- Employer Matched Retirement Plan
- Five Weeks of Paid Time Off Annually
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation Assistance (for certain roles)
- Stock Options (for certain roles)
- A culture that encourages flexible work schedules
- A culture that embraces individuality and authenticity
Agility Robotics is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, it is the policy of Agility Robotics to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Agility Robotics prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Apply Now: https://grnh.se/b444bbd04us
Something looks off?