Systems Reliability Engineer
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive and people’s lives more fulfilling.
About the role:
We are currently designing the next generation of Digit for commercial scale. The scale of the system and reliability that must be achieved are orders of magnitude higher than any existing bipedal platform, and the primary method that this will be achieved is by rigorous analysis, simulation, design and substantial testing. The Principal Systems Reliability Engineer provides leadership and expertise in order to ensure the product design is durable and meets reliability requirements to provide robustness in the field and during ongoing customer use.
About The Work:
Designs, develops, and executes reliability test suites to generate failure modes and life cycle data, representative of what may be seen in field / customer environments. Uses these data to produce reliability models to predict performance in the field during customer use. Provides feedback to Engineering on failure modes and predicted life performance and collaborates on design robustness improvements and failure mitigation. Plans the test execution and equipment required for testing and evaluating.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/science/robotics or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience working on reliability of mechanical-electrical products.
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated success in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and program management skills
- Are a natural leader who can guide and influence cross-functional teams.
- Are able to quickly grasp the design intent and operational requirements of complex systems or subsystems and develop a plan to test performance and reliability.
- Can see past the written requirements, and understand the more nuanced possible failure modes.
- Have experience creating test plans, designing test fixtures, and carrying out product validation to completion.
- Are familiar with modern test methodology and analysis tools
- Experience in Robotics/Mechatronics
- Advanced degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience with electro-mechanical modules, sensors, actuators, controllers, etc.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Company Paid Disability, Life, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (for AR employees)
- Employer Matched Retirement Plan
- Five Weeks of Paid Time Off Annually
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation Assistance (for certain roles)
- Stock Options (for certain roles)
- A culture that encourages flexible work schedules
- A culture that embraces individuality and authenticity
Agility Robotics is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, it is the policy of Agility Robotics to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Agility Robotics prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Apply Now: https://grnh.se/b444bbd04us
Something looks off?