Systems Development Engineer , Amazon Robotics Business Applications and Solutions Engineering
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a multi-disciplinary team of innovators that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Key job responsibilities
The Amazon Robotics (AR) organization manufactures high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It’s fast-paced and works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally. We are seeking a talented and motivated Manufacturing Systems Development Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class Systematic and business processes within a complex manufacturing environment. This role will report to the manager of Business Application in the Robotics Software Services and technology team. This position will primarily focus on supporting applications in the manufacturing and supply chain area. This role will work closely with manufacturing, supply chain management, Finance, engineering and other IT organizations.
You will also Lead functional workshops educating customers on the product and develop process flows and requirements.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Santa Clara, CA, USA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience. Coding experience with SQL/PLSQL,JSP,Unix shell programming and Reports development
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) with a focus on manufacturing modules
- Proven business process analysis and redesign experience
- Process mapping, business process redesign and implementation skills
- Ability to analyze, design, configure and develop solution.
- Detailed knowledge of Application Implementation Methodology (AIM) and documentation skills.
- Excellent business communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, positive attitude.
- Hands on ERP techno functional Implementation experience with the following module areas required: Discrete manufacturing- Inventory, Costing, Work in Process, Bills of Material, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Purchasing, and Order Management
- Experience working in a high pace DevOps
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and industry best practices within an ERP environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $103,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.