Sr. Supply Chain Manager, GA Portfolio Management
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Supply Chain and Operations organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It is a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon and is driven by data and metrics.
The Supply Chain team is seeking an experienced Sr. Supply Chain Single Threaded Leader with a strong background in Robotic automation global supplier management, supplier, and executing sourcing decisions related to new product introduction programs. The successful candidate for this position will be self-managing, have a high sense of urgency and driven to achieve defined supplier management and program goals.
Key job responsibilities
The Supply Chain Single Threaded Leader (SC STL) has an important role in ensuring that their respective category and suppliers meet the technical and commercial specifications necessary for Robotics to satisfy its internal Manufacturing Operations, Supplier Quality, Supply Chain, and Hardware Engineering customers. This important role is guided by the below tenets
- Focus - The single-threaded leader should be the most effective decision-maker for the business area, irrespective of title or functional role
- Responsibility - Single-threaded leaders are empowered to make their own decisions even if these turn out to be bad decisions in hindsight
- Accountability Single-threaded leaders own their dependencies and are responsible and accountable for all aspects of the initiative for the success of the initiative
- Empowerment - Single-threaded teams are accountable for holding a high-quality bar for customers and should continue to follow good governance practices. Unless an explicit exception, the single-threaded leader cannot override existing good governance practices
- Decision making - The single-threaded leader acts as a tie-breaker if the team cannot agree on a decision
- Lead cross-functional supply chain team dedicated to the supply chain design, sourcing and logistics decisions, and supply chain execution of programs entering exiting Beta phase and entering gamma/GA phase to scale across AR network.
- Act as single point of contact for program resources (leadership and working teams) to communicate Supply Chain decisions and progress, provide feedback on supply chain implications of program decisions and changes, and support financial planning and capital approvals for the program.
- Lead forecast, capacity and lead time analysis for Tier 1 and sub tier component suppliers to deliver specific insights Commodity Management can use to drive sourcing strategies in reducing lead time with the right inventory stocking model.
- Work with global commodity managers in driving the right supplier allocations supported by capacity and lead time analysis which enables securing capacity and supply meeting the Buy forecast
- Analyze lead times across all supply chain tiers to identify supply-driven risks and lead time management programs. Key collaborations are with - Demand Planning on Project Rumble to drive safety-stock as necessary, with Demand Planning and SIOP to improve visibility on late-to-fund / long -lead supply PO needs, and with Commodity Management to execute upstream inventory management strategies (i.e. raw material consignment, tier- ‘N’ directed buy programs, etc.).
- Single threaded owner of cost and lead time management for the products -
- Develop roadmap to achieve Y-o-Y GA total cost and lead time targets driven by OP and report progress and action plan to address risks and gaps during monthly supply chain business and SIOP review.
- Create dashboard mechanisms for scenario planning, long term capacity shortages based on 3-year strategic demand planning.
- Enable procurement and commodity management to predict a shortage prior to issuing and receiving a Promise Date from suppliers. Communicate component level shortages impacting product delivery using forecasted supplier capacity and inventory, focusing time horizons outside of open purchase orders.
- Responsible for maintaining the Product Supply Chain strategy including identification of critical supply components, definition of capacity plan and associated sourcing and tooling requirements, supply chain risk assessment & mitigation plans
- Work with GCMs in developing negotiation strategies for categories which impacts the product to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with strategic suppliers pertaining to Amazon Robotics products supporting the priority programs as driven by the Operating Plan (OP)
- Work with GCMs on managing overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, capacity planning, contracting, risk mitigation, and cost and quality improvements.
- Ensure non-cost goals (Sustainability, Supplier Development) are met and supported by the Supply Chain strategy.
- Lead and manage ECO changes collaborating across many Supply Chain Operation teams to ensure ECOs are implemented fast and accurately. Manage cost and lead time impacts from ECOs without impacting goals set in OP.
- Directs Supply Chain GA team members to execute against need by dates driven by Buy forecast (Ex. additional tooling & capacity investments.)
- Develop and manage Metrics for Success
Reduce Commodity Manager time and churn doing scenario planning and supply/demand analysis.
- Optimize TLA lead times and increase lead time accuracy
- Create a dashboard highlighting long term (pre-PO Issued) capacity shortages.
- Create a Supply/Capacity/Demand Scenario Analysis toolbox working closely with supply planning and report findings in SIOP meetings for speedy leadership decision making,
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in supply chain, commodity, and supplier management in a combination of high/medium and low volume, global sourcing and operations manufacturing environment.
• 5+ years of direct experience working with a global supply base of electronics, mechanical and electro-mechanical suppliers and integrators/contract manufacturers involved in product sub and final assemblies
• Ability to review and understand engineering design documents for electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and assembly drawings for products.
• Experience developing, leading, and executing global supplier cost, risk, and lead time reduction strategies.
• Experience with contract negotiation and execution with high volume domestic and internationally based contract manufacturers/integrators.
• Demonstrated use of technical, analytical, and management skills in supplier selection, supplier capacity planning, and supplier risk identification/mitigation in low/high – volume/mix programs.
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Industrial or Operations Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
• Experience working with electronics, electro mechanical and mechanical commodities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple stakeholders, responsibilities, and delivering multiple first-of-their-kind programs with aggressive schedules.
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
• Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools, Tableau analytics, and ERP/PLM Systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.