Embedded Software Development Engineer - Sensing & Compute, Amazon Robotics (AR)
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Embedded Software Engineer to research and develop next generation sensor and compute technology in robotics. We are a cross-disciplinary team aiming to enable broad use cases of 2D and 3D sensor technology in Amazon fulfillment network.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in embedded systems and sensors. The candidate need to have strong technical expertise to deliver independently, as well as great leadership skills to work on multiple projects with internal teams and external partners. We will support you to make this journey fulfilling, rewarding and fun.
Key job responsibilities
- Research emerging sensor technologies and evaluate potential applications in Amazon fulfillment network.
- Collaborate with hardware, software, test and operations teams as well as third party suppliers to develop next generation 2D & 3D sensors and compute platforms.
- Define system requirements, write specifications, and create test plans.
- Design and develop embedded systems to enable Artificial Intelligence (AI) on Edge Computing
- Advise internal teams on sensing & compute solution design and integration.
- Support product release to manufacturing and customer deployment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- High level of proficiency with C/C++.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience which must include direct, hands-on experience of full embedded software development cycle, including design, prototype, development, coding standard, code review, source control, test, build, release, manufacturing, and deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with embedded Linux Kernel, device drivers and build.
- Familiar with electronic schematics, board bring up and test equipment (such as signal analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.)
- Familiar with Python programming language.
- Experience with sensors, including but not limited to camera, stereo camera, time-of-flight sensors, Radar, and Lidar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to support domestic and international travel as required by the program
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.