Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Modern Platform Engineer with expertise in Cloud Computing on AWS, running workloads in Kubernetes, and a focus on ML Ops or other Data Engineering workloads. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, containerization, and automation, as well as experience in designing, deploying, and maintaining complex systems. The candidate should also have experience in data engineering, machine learning, and data pipelines. If you are passionate about Infrastructure Engineering and the opportunity to work on challenging problems with cutting-edge technologies we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll do
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Develop and maintain Kubernetes clusters for running workloads
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for deploying applications
- Develop and maintain data pipelines for ML Ops or other data engineering workloads
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to design and deploy ML models
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance and availability
- Automate infrastructure and application deployments
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in cloud computing on AWS
- 3+ years of experience in Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience working with/ building out control-loop style operators
- Experience in automation and infrastructure as code
- Experience in ML Ops or other data engineering workloads
- Experience in data engineering, machine learning, and data pipelines
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or Go
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of complex distributed systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- AWS & Kubernetes certifications highly preferred
- Experience in Terraform, Helm, or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience in Docker or other containerization technologies and big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in data visualization and dashboarding tools
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $170,000 - $200,000 and commensurates with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world