Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
Angi is looking for an with leadership, delivery, and design experience to lead one of our software development teams as we work together to build something better. At Angi, we form high-impact engineering teams and empower them to iterate rapidly on delivering the best service experience for our customers and service professionals. As an Engineering Manager you will lead & mentor a team of engineers, own large parts of our products and influence technical and product decisions. You will collaborate across the organization with technical and non-technical peers, develop a team that delivers sound technical solutions to challenging problems, champion the team’s impact to the business, and continuously grow as an engineer and manager.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and mentor an innovative team of software development engineers – developing people as you grow our business and technology
- Deliver products that enable service professionals to do the work they love and help homeowners love where they live
- Partner with passionate Product and Design counterparts to deliver impactful products and continuously evaluate the most effective way to deliver short- and long-term solutions
- Help us establish a diverse and inclusive organization based upon safety and contribution, while supporting your peers and the teams they support
- Foster a positive, supportive, and lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to tackle new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Own the ins and outs of a system that is constantly growing and evolving while ensuring the quality of our products and the business continuity of our systems
- Learn about new ways to build amazing software, systems and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery and Caring
- Grow as a leader and a technologist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us reimagine and improve our culture and practices
Who you are:
- 7+ years of professional experience within architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services
- 3+ years of experience building people and teams: embodying servant leadership, empowering teams & collaborative work practices
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and users
- Ability to collaborate with product & business counterparts, and present ideas to internal and external audiences
- Test Driven Development: AAA unit test, BDD requirements, system verification
- Delivery within CI/CD, multiple environments, agile, lean, or Kanban
- Proficiency on microservice architecture: hybrid monolith, isolated services, disparate data sources
- Experience on distributed systems: design, caching, CQRS, message driven & large-scale processing
- Proficiency on cloud-based systems: hybrid on-prem, Lambdas, elastic scaling, resiliency
- Design thinking: designing new systems from scratch and adapting legacy
- Designing patterns: Gang of Four, async, distributed, responsive services
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field required
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000 - $230,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world