Manager, Data Platforms
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Data Platforms with expertise in designing, deploying, and maintaining complex systems. You will develop and deliver high-impact initiatives related to Data, ML, and cloud Platforms. In this role you will split your time between hands-on development and managerial activities. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven infrastructure design, implementation, and troubleshooting capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
What you’ll do
- Own the ins and outs of a system that is constantly growing and evolving while ensuring the quality and health of our platforms and products.
- Take charge of Health of Systems and Data through monitoring, troubleshooting, and enhancing system performance and availability.
- Build Platforms and Automation that foster as a Product principles for building our ML, Data, and Platforms.
- Gather requirements through direct interaction with Engineering, Science, Product and Analytical teams.
- Grow and lead a team of talented Engineers through coaching, feedback, and strategic planning.
- Help us reimagine and improve our products, platforms, and culture.
- Partner with passionate counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions.
Who you are
- Experience leading a team of engineers in designing, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in cloud computing on AWS
- 3+ years of experience in Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Strong understanding of complex distributed systems in context of ML and Data Platforms using Data as a Product principles.
- Programming skills in Python, Java, or Go
- Experience with Spark, Data Bricks, Sage Maker, Flyte, Kafka, Airflow, Ice Berg, Big Data, Terraform, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- AWS certification
- Kubernetes certification
- Experience in Terraform, Helm, or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience in Docker or other containerization technologies
- Experience with big data technologies (Snowflake, Spark, Metadata Catalog, Looker,)
- Experience with ML Platforms (ML Ops)
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $190,000 - $220,000 and commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world