Associate Managing Editor
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
What you’ll do:
The Content & Editorial team at Angi and HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Associate Managing Editor to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for owning the editorial process and pushing our library to continuous new heights. We are looking for someone who can embody our customer experience and make them feel empowered to tackle the complex world of home improvement and maintenance. You will be responsible for managing a team of in-house editors and freelance writers and contributing to the broader content and editorial strategy. You will own style guide creation, brand voice and tone documentation, fact-checking processes, and more. You understand reader engagement and how to achieve well-researched, trustworthy, and informative content. You are experienced at managing and growing a team of driven writers and editors and know how to prioritize resources and team time. Finally, you have a deep understanding and appreciation for SEO best practices, knowing how to strike the right balance of brand voice and keyword optimization.
This position will be hybrid based in either our New York, Denver, or Indianapolis offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and mentor a team of 5-10 content editors and 25-50 freelance writers focused on creating compelling cost guides, how-to articles, and home improvement deep-dives
- Collaborate regularly with SEO strategists and researchers on articles to achieve #1 rankings and grow organic traffic
- Own freelance writer management in tandem with editors and project manager, including recruitment and hiring, onboarding, training, invoicing, and ongoing communication
- Find new ways to research and understand complex home improvement challenges that reflect our everyday customer experience and build it into a scalable process
- Monitor competitor sites and stay on the pulse of home improvement and renovation trends, suggesting changes to our content library where applicable
- Collaborate with additional content and marketing departments such as magazine, social, PR, and email to support their editorial calendar and needs
Qualities we are searching for:
- Empathetic leader: You have experience managing a high-performing team but are not above rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You enjoy juggling multiple projects and have an eye for subtle differences in closely related topics.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done and can identify ways to optimize your workflow to meet deadlines.
- Passionate & curious: You are someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a deep understanding of core SEO concepts, and has a drive to constantly learn about new topics.
- Results-driven: You are focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- 5-7 years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web, ideally in the home improvement, home decor, and/or real estate space.
- 2-3 years of experience building and managing teams.
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- Expertise with AP Style and spell check tools such as Grammarly.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
- Familiarity with industry tools and analytics: Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$95,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world