Terminal Operator - Night Shift
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly to make transportation safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. The Aurora Driver is a self-driving system designed to operate multiple vehicle types, from freight-hauling semi-trucks to ride-hailing passenger vehicles, and underpins Aurora Horizon and Aurora Connect, its driver-as-a-service products for trucking and ride-hailing. Aurora is working with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem, including Toyota, FedEx, Volvo Trucks, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, U.S. Xpress, Werner, Covenant, Schneider, and Ryder. For Aurora’s latest news, visit aurora.tech and @aurora_inno on Twitter.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Terminal Operator who will supervise and monitor inbound and outbound autonomous vehicles, trailers, vendors, and other equipment in order to ensure that our Terminals are both safe and efficient operating environments. This role requires the ability to operate Class-8 tractors within a yard and cross-functional collaboration and communication, a bias for action, proven experience maintaining operational quality control, and a detail-oriented mindset dedicated to continuous improvement.
In this role, you will
- Maintain a safe, efficient, and inclusive working environment
- Prepare, inspect, and monitor advanced technology assets, including Autonomous Tractors, Aurora and third party trailers, scales, etc.
- Transport equipment between facilities, when needed
- Identify opportunities for improvement and the solutions to be implemented
- Work closely with cross functional teams within the company (IT, Security, Workplace, Product, EHS) to ensure that site and infrastructure upgrades are completed in a timely manner and to the expected quality standards of Aurora. Establish and follow consistent intake cadence for equipment and supplies
- Creation of reports regarding equipment and terminal maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Be based in Dallas, TX with local, intra/interstate travel required 30-50% of time
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail
- Proactive in finding creative solutions
- Self Starter - someone who “models the way”
- Familiar and functional with logistics dispatching processes, procedures and tools
- Logistics fleet operations experience strongly preferred
- Ability to operate independently without managerial oversight
- Thorough understanding and application of OSHA,DOT, FMCSA regulations with a working understanding of commercial vehicle equipment and inspection
- Must pass pre-employment, post-incident, and randomized drug testing in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
- Ability to interact well with outside vendors in the best interest of the company
- Commercial Driver’s License, Class-A
- Previous CVSA commercial vehicle inspection certifications are a plus.
The base hourly wage range for this position is $28.00-$36.50 per hour. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together extraordinarily talented and experienced people united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and build a culture where we win together — all without any jerks.
We have offices in several locations across the United States, where we encourage team and cross-functional collaboration. Aurora offers competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and additional healthcare support including medical transportation reimbursement, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits. We empower our employees and their families with options to further their unique physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Our Learning and Development offerings include Aurora Academy, where our people learn, develop, and practice the essential skills that drive Aurora’s mission, continually up-leveling our team along the way. Our Careers page provides insight into career opportunities at Aurora, and you can find all the latest news on our Blog.
Safety is central to everything we do. Every employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. We seek candidates who take active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization's long-term success by working safely — no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including increased access to transportation. To realize those benefits, we need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives — a workforce that reflects the communities our technology will serve.
Aurora is committed to providing access to anyone who seeks information from our website. We invite anyone using assistive technologies, such as a screen reader or Braille reader, to email us at email@example.com if they experience difficulty using our website. Please describe the accessibility problem and include a URL (if available).
Aurora considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Aurora considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Aurora, every employee is empowered to take an active role in building an inclusive, collaborative, and unified culture that leverages our diverse strengths, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Transforming how the world moves people and goods involves seeking to understand backgrounds, insights, and lived experiences that differ from our own. One way we accomplish that is with our 15 employee-led Aurora Unified Groups, which support diverse voices and drive inclusive collaboration. We believe that teamwork, belonging, and trust motivate and support our employees to do their best work. As our team grows, we strive to attract and retain exceptional talent that adds new perspectives and experiences and continues to drive innovation. Learn more on our Culture Page.