Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly to make transportation safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. The Aurora Driver is a self-driving system designed to operate multiple vehicle types, from freight-hauling semi-trucks to ride-hailing passenger vehicles, and underpins Aurora Horizon and Aurora Connect, its driver-as-a-service products for trucking and ride-hailing. Aurora is working with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem, including Toyota, FedEx, Volvo Trucks, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, U.S. Xpress, Werner, Covenant, Schneider, and Ryder. For Aurora’s latest news, visit aurora.tech and @aurora_inno on Twitter.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting.
In this role, you will
- Oversee the preparation and filings of key SEC documents such as the 10-Q and 10-K statements ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness including SEC Regulations S-K and S-X
- Work cross-functionally on SEC reporting matters for preparation and review of financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, and relevant disclosure checklists
- Establish and maintain global company policies and procedures surrounding finance and accounting matters
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Finance, Legal and Sales to ensure adherence to US GAAP and other reporting and compliance standards
- Deep technical accounting knowledge in accounting topics such as revenue recognition, cost accounting and financial instruments
- Support the general ledger accounting team with technical accounting advice, technical accounting memos and ongoing technical training for the accounting organization
- Key point of contact for external audit during audit, quarterly reviews and various business transactions and processes
- Analyze, assess implication of and implement new accounting guidance and standards across the enterprise
- Manage and support high-performing and inspired team by providing strategic leadership and talent development
- Manage the income tax process and develop standardized processes over income tax
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 15+ years of experience, including a combination of big 4 public accounting experience and industry experience as the head of SEC reporting and technical accounting
- Public company experience
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Netsuite and Workiva experience a plus
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and develop team members
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
The base salary range for this position is $177,000 - $184,000 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together extraordinarily talented and experienced people united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and build a culture where we win together — all without any jerks.
We have offices in several locations across the United States, where we encourage team and cross-functional collaboration. Aurora offers competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and additional healthcare support including medical transportation reimbursement, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits. We empower our employees and their families with options to further their unique physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Our Learning and Development offerings include Aurora Academy, where our people learn, develop, and practice the essential skills that drive Aurora’s mission, continually up-leveling our team along the way. Our Careers page provides insight into career opportunities at Aurora, and you can find all the latest news on our Blog.
Safety is central to everything we do. Every employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. We seek candidates who take active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization's long-term success by working safely — no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including increased access to transportation. To realize those benefits, we need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives — a workforce that reflects the communities our technology will serve.
Aurora is committed to providing access to anyone who seeks information from our website. We invite anyone using assistive technologies, such as a screen reader or Braille reader, to email us at email@example.com if they experience difficulty using our website. Please describe the accessibility problem and include a URL (if available).
Aurora considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Aurora considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Aurora, every employee is empowered to take an active role in building an inclusive, collaborative, and unified culture that leverages our diverse strengths, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Transforming how the world moves people and goods involves seeking to understand backgrounds, insights, and lived experiences that differ from our own. One way we accomplish that is with our 15 employee-led Aurora Unified Groups, which support diverse voices and drive inclusive collaboration. We believe that teamwork, belonging, and trust motivate and support our employees to do their best work. As our team grows, we strive to attract and retain exceptional talent that adds new perspectives and experiences and continues to drive innovation. Learn more on our Culture Page.