Senior People Business Partner
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly to make transportation safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. The Aurora Driver is a self-driving system designed to operate multiple vehicle types, from freight-hauling semi-trucks to ride-hailing passenger vehicles, and underpins Aurora Horizon and Aurora Connect, its driver-as-a-service products for trucking and ride-hailing. Aurora is working with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem, including Toyota, FedEx, Volvo Trucks, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, U.S. Xpress, Werner, Covenant, Schneider, and Ryder. For Aurora’s latest news, visit aurora.tech and @aurora_inno on Twitter.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior People Business Partner to join our incredible People Ops (POps) team. You’ll be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management. You’ll serve as a trusted consultant to leaders and managers on people-related issues. You’ll formulate partnerships across your client group to bring programs to life and build rapport with all levels of employees. Our PBPs help their client groups focus on areas like individual/team development, performance management, employee engagement, workforce planning, and talent management. You will support your teams to exceed goals and maintain high engagement.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement people plans and solutions in order to achieve people initiatives and deliver results for the organization.
- Function as a consultant and counsel to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into People plans.
- Partner with senior leaders and their leadership teams to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- Collaborate with the business’s department leadership and management in developing headcount plans, identifying training needs, and advocating for continuous learning for employees where necessary, providing coaching and mentoring support where required.
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Review gaps in leadership capability across departments within the business and develop action plans accordingly
- Work closely with the specialist central People team to keep the right focus on assessing the People needs in areas such as performance management, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and inclusion and compensation/rewards.
- Participate in project teams, and implement initiatives while simultaneously ensuring proper communication and collaboration within business departments and with business partners.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience and engagement in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Bachelor’s degree, PHR/SPHR designation or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as an HRBP or HR Manager.
- Experience in a fast growing technology company is preferred.
- Effective communication with people at all levels of the organization including ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner.
- Able to develop and facilitate L&D materials such as team training.
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting, and credible relationships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You solve tough problems quickly and thoughtfully.
- A strong bias for action. You are self-motivated and know when to seek further support from the right stakeholders.
The base salary range for this position is $112,000-$168,000. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together extraordinarily talented and experienced people united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and build a culture where we win together — all without any jerks.
We have offices in several locations across the United States, where we encourage team and cross-functional collaboration. Aurora offers competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and additional healthcare support including medical transportation reimbursement, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits. We empower our employees and their families with options to further their unique physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Our Learning and Development offerings include Aurora Academy, where our people learn, develop, and practice the essential skills that drive Aurora’s mission, continually up-leveling our team along the way. Our Careers page provides insight into career opportunities at Aurora, and you can find all the latest news on our Blog.
Safety is central to everything we do. Every employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. We seek candidates who take active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization's long-term success by working safely — no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including increased access to transportation. To realize those benefits, we need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives — a workforce that reflects the communities our technology will serve.
Aurora is committed to providing access to anyone who seeks information from our website. We invite anyone using assistive technologies, such as a screen reader or Braille reader, to email us at email@example.com if they experience difficulty using our website. Please describe the accessibility problem and include a URL (if available).
Aurora considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Aurora considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Aurora, every employee is empowered to take an active role in building an inclusive, collaborative, and unified culture that leverages our diverse strengths, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Transforming how the world moves people and goods involves seeking to understand backgrounds, insights, and lived experiences that differ from our own. One way we accomplish that is with our 15 employee-led Aurora Unified Groups, which support diverse voices and drive inclusive collaboration. We believe that teamwork, belonging, and trust motivate and support our employees to do their best work. As our team grows, we strive to attract and retain exceptional talent that adds new perspectives and experiences and continues to drive innovation. Learn more on our Culture Page.