FPGA Architect and Designer
Avaya - Networking business
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Develops, supports, and tests FPGA for both new and ongoing hardware design programs. Acts as a key contributor in a more complex-critical environment; may coordinate activities of others and/or the team. Must have a proven ability to define software architecture of complete solution and work to completed design ( boot, application, and embedded ) . A key expectation of this individual will be that they have strong design documentation skills
Required areas of design, debugging, and troubleshooting expertise include:
- Familiarity with Xilinx Artix/Series 7 devices
- Testbench design, prove-in, and usage
- Willingness and ability to fully document the product starting at concept thru delivery ( living documentation )
- Fast learner
- Use of Vivado as primary toolset, however discussions can occur about other tools ( in the past we have had others such as HDL Designer, etc )
- Ability to port existing designs to new device
- Create functionality for inclusion of wide-band audio
- Programming experience for tone generation and detection
- Programming experience for general data communication over TDM, Ethernet and IP networks(e.g., w/sockets) is a plus
- A background in developing products in telecommunications and VoIP gateways technology is highly desirable, as is the ability to test, debug, and diagnose using assorted telecommunications gear.
- Valuable is any development or test experience with telecom interfaces such as analog lines/trunks, T1/E1, or telephones/speakerphones, or detailed knowledge of telecom subjects such as VoIP, Call Progress Tones, DTMF, Fax, Modems, clock synchronization, or call signaling via SIP, H.248, H.323, or ISDN-PRI/BRI.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
The pay range for this opportunity is from $107,400 to $145,000 + performance-related bonus + benefits
This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. This role is also eligible to receive an annual bonus that aligns with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary and are based on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and location.