Director, Platform Engineering
Aware is a collaboration intelligence platform that identifies and reduces risk, maintains compliance, and uncovers new business insights from conversations at scale. Consolidate, enrich, search, and manage data across tools like Slack, WorkJam, Teams and Zoom for immediate visibility across the organization. Aware’s comprehensive platform solves common challenges that legal, compliance, information security and IT departments face when rolling out collaboration, including archiving, monitoring, organization insights, DLP, eDiscovery, retention and legal holds. Aware is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Slack eDiscovery and compliance partner and a Workplace from Meta integration partner.
As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of highly skilled engineers who are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our company's platform. You will work cross-functionally with Product Engineering, Data Science, Site Reliability, Product, Customer Success, and more to ensure that our platform meets our business needs and remains highly available, scalable, and performant. You will also work closely with our senior leadership team to develop and execute strategies that will drive innovation and growth for our platform.
- Lead and manage a team of platform engineers who are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our platform.
- Work closely with other departments such as product management, customer success, application development and site reliability to ensure that our platform meets our business needs and remainshighly available, scalable, and performant.
- Develop and execute strategies that will drive innovation and growth for our platform.
- Establish and maintain processes and standards for platform engineering that align with company and industry best practices.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the platform engineering team and make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements, identifydependencies, and prioritize engineering efforts.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment of platform engineering goals with overall business objectives.
- Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration within the platform engineering team.
- Manage the budget and resources for the platform engineering team.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in computer science and/ or at least 10 years of experience in platform engineering or a related field, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Strong technical background in software engineering, with a focus on platform development
- Past experience working in a start up environment and scaling a team of Engineers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with microservices architectures and RESTful API design
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and tools such as Git, Kubernetes, and Azure Pipelines
- Experience with data analytics and machine learning technologies is a plus
Aware serves some of the largest enterprises in the world, in doing so we can provide them insights into their diversity and inclusion efforts. Because of this, Aware strives to cultivate its own diverse culture so we can better understand those we serve. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making companies better, you’ll find a home at Aware.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
A FEW PERKS OF WORKING FOR AWARE
• Company Equity
• 100% paid monthly health insurance for you and your family
• 401K match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open vacation policy
• Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks at HQ
• Flexible/Remote working options
• Cross-functional, open learning environment
Something looks off?