Senior Demand Generation Marketing Manager
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Demand Generation Marketing Manager with experience in the SaaS enterprise segment, particularly targeting technical audiences. Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer who can quickly gain a deep understanding of our buyers’ journey and turn that into delivering the right message to the right buyer at the right time. You will be responsible for campaign development, execution and measurement, and special projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the cross-functional marketing owner, integrating campaign development and execution across teams with a particular focus on marketing to technical decision makers (CTOs/CIOs) and developer audiences
- Own the development and execution plan for campaigns and other top level initiatives with the goal of generating demand and meeting or exceeding pipeline and revenue targets
- Leverage data and insights to inform campaign strategy, content, and tactic mix, and then work cross-functionally to oversee the execution of programs
- Partner closely with Product Marketing and Content teams to build, manage, and optimize campaigns aimed at technical audiences, including identifying the right channel mix, content, and assets to build developer and technical decision maker engagement
- Responsible for managing, updating, and reporting out monthly program-level budget as well as program performance and MQL and SAL forecast
- Work cross-functionally to align with other segments on success criteria, agreed-upon metrics, and identify gaps and action plans to course-correct as the campaign execution unfolds
- Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations
- Partner closely with the web and digital teams on user experience improvements, including testing plans, cohesive journeys, and conversion optimization
- Circulate campaign plans and testing plans to cross-functional teams and gain consensus
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues, and the broader team, including those in Operations, Legal, and Sales
- Participate in executive presentations as needed
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed
Who You Are:
- 7 years experience in marketing preferred; minimum of 2 years direct experience in demand marketing required; marketing to Business Personas within the LE space is required; digital marketing experience preferred
- Experience marketing to decision makers in Large Enterprise, building out Competitive Campaigns and "Always On" campaigns, and working closely with content and product marketing to deliver the right message and right content to these audiences
- Previous employment in ecommerce and SaaS industries is a plus
- Intermediate understanding and experience with inbound and outbound marketing, lead generation programs, database marketing, lead nurturing, digital marketing channels, pipeline acceleration motions, and funnel metrics
- Ability to analyze marketing data and derive insights and opportunities
- Has experience building and implementing full-funnel acquisition campaigns, inclusive of integrated tactics from awareness through purchase
- Expert collaborator with cross-functional BigCommerce teams
- Growth marketing mindset with a willingness to innovate to meet business objectives
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?