Maintenance Controller - $10,000 bonus!
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
***$10,000 Cash Bonus available***
- $5,000 upon training completion
- $2,500 at six months
- $2,500 at twelve months
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Operations Control Manager, the Maintenance Controller is responsible for the daily coordination with Flight Operations and Maintenance as required to support accomplishment of the flight schedule. This position is located at Breeze Headquarters in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Alert down-line and other out-stations to secure emergency maintenance that will cover unforeseen maintenance problems and ensure the proper arrangements are made for timely repairs
- Monitor aircraft maintenance operations and provide technical assistance to ensure all repairs are completed in accordance with Company and CFRs and maintain safety and on-time operation of flight operations
- Maintain continuous liaison with IOCC, providing current and continuing reports of the general mechanical status of the entire fleet and coordinating maintenance requirements during irregular operations to minimize extra costs and disruptions
- Ensure all inoperative systems are operated and maintained in accordance with the MEL, Configuration Deviation List (CDL) or other Company approved deferrals, and take necessary measures to correct these items
- Ensure of the timely repair of all aircraft with a repetitive history, soliciting or requesting any additional technical information necessary, and directing actions to be taken to minimize cost and unnecessary part replacement
- Coordinate as necessary with other Maintenance areas to ensure availability of required components, parts, and/or troubleshooting expertise to expedite maintenance and repair of aircraft at maintenance base or at down-line stations
- Coordinate Ferry Flights or Functional Check Flights with all concerned departments
- Notify appropriate management Team Members in the event of an incident or accident, in accordance with instructions in the ERM
- Notify the DOM of any situation or practice not within Maintenance Manual requirements that could compromise safety or add unnecessary costs to the Maintenance department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must hold a current, valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent A&P experience on turbine powered aircraft
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be flexible and willing to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime if needed
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- 4-year degree in Aerospace, Aviation Maintenance, or Business
- 4+ years of Line Maintenance experience
- 2+ years of Maintenance Planning and/or Maintenance Control experience
- Factory or equivalent training on Embraer 190
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to work with fellow Team Members with a variety of personalities
- Ability to multi-task easily
- Must be fluent in English
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.
Something looks off?