Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Breeze Airways is a Seriously NiceTM airline merging technology with kindness. Airport Agents work as part of a team of highly motivated self-starters who support Guests through all the phases of their journey. At the airport, they help Guests with check-in, boarding, baggage, etc. Airport Agents also work remotely to support Guests through a variety of digital channels such as SMS, Messenger, and email by empowering Guests to use the Breeze app and website to make flight reservations, itinerary changes, manage their account and get answers to their questions. Work days can be quite routine, or they can be demanding. A high-demand day may consist of working with multiple Guests at the same time during an operational disruption or helping a hurried Guest who may take out their frustration on the Team Member. Remaining calm under pressure, focusing on solutions, communicating clearly verbally, and maintaining a positive attitude are essential skills for this job. Team Members must be willing and able to contribute to the development of a growing team environment.
Hourly Pay: $15 per hour
This is a Part-Time position
Here’s what you’ll do
- Provide Breeze Guests at the airport with a Seriously Nice experiencing during check-in and boarding
- Engage with Guests through digital channels to provide solutions and information
- Provide detailed feedback on opportunities to improve the overall Guest Experience
- Empower Guests by offering solutions and answering questions
- Mentor others as your skillset expands
- Work in multiple programs and on multiple screens simultaneously
- Resolve Guests concerns with kindness
- Recommend improved processes though the spirit of ingenuity and integrity
- Stay up to date on new product releases and participate in educational opportunities to deliver excellence in the role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commit to regular attendance and punctuality
- Greet and assist Guests with a friendly welcome through arrival and check-in process, including support for Guests with special needs such as unaccompanied minors, VIP Guests and Guests needing wheelchair assistance
- Handle all aspects of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized system. System usage includes boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems.
- Direct Guests through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine.
- Assist ramp agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers, and gate-checked bags are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to Guests upon arrival.
- Push wheelchairs with Guests through all areas of the airport including terminal and gate areas.
- Uphold the Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Ingenuity, and Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
- Achieve performance measure and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence.
Here’s what you need to be successful
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills with an emphasis on grammar & spelling
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Proficient and quality written communication typing at 45 WPM
- Multi-channel customer engagement experience (i.e.SMS, chat, email, and other messaging channels)
- Provide regular verification of high-speed internet with minimum speeds of 5Mbps up and down
- Reside within 25 miles of MSY and able to work from or travel to Breeze location(s) for meetings and trainings as needed
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents, or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including Breeze’s confidential reporting systems: Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR)
- Potential need to be available to respond on short notice as occasional mandatory overtime may be required to support irregular operations
- Ability to showcase exceptional customer service abilities to all clientele.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and move items of 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Must be able to communicate by radio and other devices.
- Must be able to observe, judge distances, identify surroundings, hazards, aircrafts and equipment.
- Able to work in extreme conditions, such as hot and cold weather, as well as small spaces.
- Eligible to receive appropriate security clearances after satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Flexible schedule allowing work during nights, weekends, and holidays. Some shifts may require extended hours to meet business needs.
- Previous airline experience
- Previous contact center experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- Navitaire PSS experience
- Gladly experience
- When working or traveling on Breeze flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Promote Breeze’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting Breeze’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy, and behavioral standards
- Lifting up to 100 pounds occasionally, 50 pounds frequently
- Live and promote Breeze’s core Values and Vision
Perks of the Job
- Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.
Something looks off?