Initial Operating Experience (Pilot) Scheduler
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Initial Operating Experience (Pilot) Scheduler is responsible for scheduling Pilot Initial Operating Experience trips to ensure regulatory compliance and meet FAA regulations. This position reports to the Manager Crew Services and will work in Breeze’s Integrated Operations Control Center in Cottonwood Heights, UT.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Responsible for understanding and applying all Federal Aviation Regulations outlined in CFR part 121 and part 117, in addition to the requirements for scheduled hours of Initial Operating Experience
- Coordinate and schedule operating experience events
- Create and distribute schedule assignments for IOE scheduling and recurrent events for first officers, captains, line check airmen, and the FAA
- Manage schedules due to absences and coordinate with Crew Services
- Set up all line checking events
- Adhere to the processes and controls that ensure the currency crew members
- Set-up travel relating to the operating experience for first officers, captains, and line check airmen.
- Construct build up schedules following the successful completion of the Initial Operating Experience
- Monitor pilot qualifications such as Consolidation of Knowledge and Skills, Green on Green limitations, and High Minimum captain requirements
- Ensuring all training record regulatory requirements and qualification management procedures are strictly enforced
- Regularly reports to the Administrator and company leadership as required by regulations and company procedures
- Continuously communicates with Manager, Training Records and Scheduling regarding the qualification status of flight crew members
- Regularly communicates with internal learning stakeholders and business partners to ensure that Team Member training events are efficiently scheduled
- Actively communicate with instructors, check pilots, and Team Members about their training schedules
- Liaison between all regulatory Training Departments, other departments, and contract training facilities and instructors
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Crew Services
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be flexible and willing to work outside business hours if needed
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- 2+ years of prior experience in Crew Scheduling and or Pilot Training
- Understanding and working knowledge of FAA regulations Part 121 N&O and FAR117
- Experience using Crew Scheduling Systems
- Adept at using Microsoft Office Suite
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.
Something looks off?