Associate Manager Engineering
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Associate Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a software development team at Breeze Airways, including handling complex issues and problems, referred issues and problems from colleagues. They should have a strong technical background in software design. They should have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with colleagues. In addition, they should also have a deep desire to continuously learn and grow their skillset. They will be responsible for a team of up to 12 developers.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Develop and maintain software solutions for the airline
- Direct the technical work of a development team
- Meet with each team member on a regular basis to ensure team members are engaged and satisfied in their work.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality features which deliver user value
- Partner with DevOps, QA, and Product to ensure frequent delivery of valuable software
- Work with others to solve difficult and ambiguous problems
- Conduct requirement analysis, document technical specifications, and write, review, and debug code
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback
- Develop and maintain documentation or user manuals
- Build and maintain a world class software development team which exceeds established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years relevant job experience
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate and inspire others in the pursuit of accomplishing complex and difficult objectives under pressure
- Experience delivering high-impact development initiatives in an enterprise setting
- 4+ years software development experience
- Experience with the Ruby on Rails framework, Angular 2+ framework, PostgreSQL databases, and/or other tools used by the Breeze software development team
- Knowledge and skills in software development and debugging
- Modern Angular experience is a bonus
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.