Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built is seeking an experienced Enterprise IT Architect with a specialized emphasis on Atlassian administration to join our team. In addition to the core responsibilities of an Enterprise Architect, you will leverage your expertise in Atlassian administration to enhance collaboration and streamline workflow processes within our organization. This position will be part of our Enterprise IT team and report to our VP, Head of Information Security and IT.
In this role, You Will:
- Lead the design and implementation of complex IT solutions using the Atlassian suite, including Jira, Confluence, and other related tools, to enhance collaboration, workflow efficiency, and project management.
- Determine the technology system architecture and functional design needed to support and meet company business goals.
- Assist management and stakeholders in evaluating the business' mission and ensure that the company uses its IT assets effectively.
- Determine and implement build versus buy strategies for IT solutions.
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Offer suggestions to optimize costs in IT and business processes through innovative technological approaches.
- Provide expert guidance in business architecture and systems processing to ensure cohesive solutions.
- Evaluate existing IT systems to identify potential exposure or weaknesses that could compromise performance, security, or efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience (7+ years) as an IT Architect or similar role within an enterprise setting.
- In-depth expertise in Atlassian administration, including Jira, Confluence, and associated plugins/add-ons.
- Strong understanding of IT architecture principles, including network design, security, scalability, and integration.
- Knowledge of industry standards, frameworks, and best practices related to IT architecture (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Previous experience in industries with high security and compliance requirements (e.g., healthcare, finance, government).
- Proven track record of successfully influencing and collaborating with senior stakeholders to drive technology strategies.
- Project management experience, including the ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.