Senior Engineer - Threat Detection
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Team
The cybersecurity team at Cardlytics is responsible for the cybersecurity of our systems, our data, and our people. We are creating a flexible and resilient security posture that manages risk and enables the company to meet its objectives. Our team is small and we like it that way. It keeps us attenuated to the needs of all of our partners.
About the Position
Reports to: Chief Information Security Officer
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Senior Engineer - Threat Detection and Response will drive threat detection and response processes, along with other key security disciplines throughout all Cardlytics environments. This individual will partner with engineering teams and our third party security monitoring provider in establishing workflows and processes for threat detection. This position is critical to establishing and maintaining effective security operations at the company and reports directly to the CISO.
- Be a part of a bleeding edge security organization which enables the business with a flexible and agile security posture.
- Proactively identify, assess, and remediate potential security threats using advanced endpoint detection tools.
- Collaborate closely with our managed security services provider (MSSP) to respond to anomalous activity in a timely manner.
- Serve as the lead responder in the event of an identified security incident.
- Collaborate with the engineering and IT teams to automate incident response and remediation processes with existing platforms.
- Establish metrics that effectively measure the security operations posture across the company.
- Ensure processes associated with key workflows are documented, maintained, and archived.
- Develop the roadmap and drive the evolution of threat detection at the company.
- Previously served in a lead incident responder capacity.
- Experience maturing security operations processes that are in a nascent state.
- Proficient experience in endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions and platforms.
- The ability to leverage logging/SIEM platforms to build and optimize event search queries
- Experience with threat and vulnerability management platforms such as Qualys, Tenable, etc.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in cybersecurity, with a focus on threat detection and response.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GCIH, or equivalent
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or inform your recruiter.