Senior Director, Product Marketing
Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the Position
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Location: Menlo Park, CA or New York City, NY
The ideal candidate will possess deep product marketing experience, preferably at an ad tech company. The candidate needs to have a knack for fostering cross-functional collaboration, and an aptitude to develop materials and simplify complex products into simple and effective positioning that internal constituents and external advertisers and publishers can easily grasp and get excited about. Additionally, the candidate should have great understanding of the ever evolving advertising landscape, assess how Cardlytics fits within and how to harness our strengths when bringing products to market.
Finally, while the candidate will start with a team of one, he/she will essentially form the PMM team, defining team structure and driving the culture of the team as it scales.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, and product to deliver seamless, simple and compelling product launches and product adoption.
- Create a GTM strategy, product positioning and launch materials.
- Have a broad understanding of ad tech, how it is evolving and how Cardlytics strengths and weaknesses should help define what we build and bring to market.
- Be an integral part of the product development cycle, helping product incorporate internal and external feedback and trends into products and features.
- Be an advocate of the products we sell, including crafting internal and external communications.
- Build a PMM function from the ground up - setting up a structure, hiring and creating a culture of high execution and cross functional collaboration.
- 8+ years of product marketing experience
- Managed a team of product marketers
- Successfully brought small and large scale ad products to market, including defining GTM strategies and collaterals.
- Experience presenting to senior management and external constituents. You have been the face of the product you are helping launch.
- A customer-focused approach across digital channels, leveraging research, usability studies, customer feedback and experiments to inform product direction.
- Results and execution oriented, while balancing today’s deliverables with the long term vision.
- Part coach, part team player. Given the small structure of the PMM team, you will provide leadership and direction but also get your hands dirty to help with tactical deliverables.
- A cross-functional leader, partnering with product and sales to help shape a product and bring it to market.
- Data driven with proven experience of taking your industry knowledge and internal/external feedback and applying it to the product at hand.
- An expert in product marketing practices, with deep experience in launching small beta releases and iterating it all the way to large scale go to market.
- An effective communicator with a solution-oriented mindset.
At Cardlytics, our people, partners and product are the driving force behind everything we do. Our shared values embody our commitment to those three things. Across all roles, we are looking for teammates with these values:
- Customer and Partner-first
- Act with Urgency and Focus
- Integrity with our partners and data
- Accountability even when challenged
- Empowerment over hierarchy
- Growth over comfort
- The anticipated base salary for this role is $240,000 - $280,000 annually, not including bonus and other benefits. Cardlytics’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and individual pay may be determined by additional factors such as role-related skills, experience, education, training, and more.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible paid time off plus company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance begins on your first day
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, plan also includes a student loan debt repayment option
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Educational assistance for continuing education
- Lifestyle Spending Account for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more!)
- Complementary Calm app subscriptions to support employee mental health and wellbeing
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or inform your recruiter.