Computer Operations Specialist
EVO Payments International
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
EVO Payments, Inc. is a leading payment technology and services provider. EVO offers a number of innovative, reliable, and secure payment solutions to merchants ranging from small and mid-size enterprises to multinational companies and organizations across the globe with offices across the Americas, Europe, and China. As a fully integrated merchant acquirer and payment processor in over 50 markets and 150 currencies worldwide, EVO provides competitive solutions that promote business growth, increase customer loyalty, and enhance data security in the markets it serves. About the role:Under general supervision and using established procedures perform varied assignments related to monitoring EVO’s network operations and network security. Identify and resolve issues arising on a day-to-day and especially outside of normal business hours to minimize impact on daily production cycle. Recommend process improvements to ensure systems up-time and availability. Ensure procedures are followed and standards are met while monitoring all systems and maintaining the appropriate documentation when issues arises. Maintain a professional working relationship with both internal and external customers. Be a part of a team where you will:
- Provide 24/7 monitoring of EVO’s environmental controls.
- Assist with after-hours help requests and ticket assignment.
- Utilize Network tools to monitor unauthorized Wi-Fi devices, and document device name with the wireless application.
- Monitor hardware, network, router and infrastructure issues as they become visible.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for requests, questions, and issues raised outside of normal business hours.
- Escalate any issues to IT Support Groups as needed.
- Monitor security systems and maintain contact with vendor if action is needed.
- Monitor facilities and environmental issues, and escalate as necessary.
- Provide Level I support for issues raised by Customer Services, ISO Support and Technical Support teams outside of normal business hours and weekends.
- Monitor file transfers to ensure that the files are being sent and received from external customers’ network (Global, EDS, Amex, etc.), investigate and resolve potential network issues, and escalate to IT support if necessary.
- Monitor processing of FTP files for front end applications prior to start of production.
- Collect data, perform critical analysis, and provide essential reporting for the business on all aspects of security, network and infrastructure monitoring.
- Review server to ensure that there is enough storage space for data, and archive old data to make room for current/new data.
- Maintain system metrics which include system availability, number of incidents, open unresolved issues, and other relevant metrics to ensure network functionality.
- Inventory computer hard drives, cables, and supplies, as well as storage space and alert IT if appropriate.
- Document daily, the process for new applications that are used or come into the system.
- Perform daily operation tasks, maintenance not including job processing, network maintenance, workstation, and documentation.
- Participate in the implementation and support of new technologies.
- Provide daily status report of activities to manager.
- Manage special projects as assigned by management.
- Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
- Open and read emails on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all federal, state, local regulations, EVO’s Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- High School or equivalent experience and 1 to 3 years of Network Operations or Help Desk experience in the banking or finance industry; credit card processing preferred. Associates/ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking generally preferred.
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware, including troubleshooting and configuration.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, techniques and practices of computer operations.
- Experience in network environment and network principles (i.e. security, login, print queues.)
- Good organizational skills.
- Good professional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- High energy, enthusiastic and proactive self-starter.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, large, complex projects from inception through completion.
- Aptitude to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
- Capable of determining accurate timelines and deliverables.
- Proficient in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite) and others computer network software and applications e.g. Microsoft Network/Server, TIDAL, etc.)
- Own your destiny with a worldwide payments industry leader where you can learn, grow, and advance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation