Representative, Technical Support
EVO Payments International
IT, Customer Service
Farmers Branch, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
EVO Payments, Inc. is a leading payment technology and services provider. EVO offers a number of innovative, reliable, and secure payment solutions to merchants ranging from small and mid-size enterprises to multinational companies and organizations across the globe with offices across the Americas, Europe, and China. As a fully integrated merchant acquirer and payment processor in over 50 markets and 150 currencies worldwide, EVO provides competitive solutions that promote business growth, increase customer loyalty, and enhance data security in the markets it serves. About the role:The Technical Support Representative will be responsible for interacting with internal and external merchants to provide assistance with troubleshooting, file builds, research, rekeys and point-of-sale technical service and support to EVO’s respective sales channels. Be a part of a team where you will:
- Answer calls, emails, internal work orders, and escalation requests in a call queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations.
- Phone merchants, agents, partners, and other company related entities in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Maintain call queue awareness at all times and maintain adherence to call center operating guidelines as provided by management.
- Respond to, follow-up, and complete requested assignments in an effective and ongoing manner.
- Assist merchants in the reconciliation of their processed transactions.
- Troubleshoot, configure, and perform maintenance functions on terminals, peripheral equipment, POS applications, and semi-integrated solutions according to set procedures.
- Maintain a detail-oriented and customer-centered focus while troubleshooting POS related issues or working requests to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of work. Double-check work prior to completion in order to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Log any merchant interactions, including calls, emails, and maintenance queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in internal systems.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of supported systems, including third party portals and support/administration tools, front-end processing systems, and proprietary internal systems.
- Attend trainings and complete online assessments to maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures, and information that affect/impact the department and company as a whole, including card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance.
- Assist peers with questions and/or problem resolution via verbal or written communications.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines even when under pressure.
- Identify and provide follow-up and timely resolutions for all issues presented in the Technical Support work queue.
- Escalate issues to management as necessary.
- Generate download IDs, perform quality checks on download ID information, and communicate information to other departments as necessary.
- Perform research and rekey procedures in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Function as backup/overflow for merchant services and/or customer support departments
- Perform various tasks, including but not limited to, rekeys, swaps, file builds, and daily reports
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1+ years of technical support experience in the payment processing or other service related industry
- Possess acceptable attendance and performance standards
- Ability to adapt/adjust to frequent or unexpected changes in the work environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to resolve specific client issues under tight time constraints
- Ability to understand and maintain knowledge of relevant products, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of running Windows applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Workspace)
- Knowledge of POS systems, credit card terminals, gateways, and mobile processing solutions
- Knowledge of front-end systems and software
- Possess excellent customer service and de-escalation skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work holidays, on an as needed basis
- Own your destiny with a worldwide payments industry leader where you can learn, grow, and advance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts, Legal Shield & ID Theft and a wide range of insurance options (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity and pet)
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation