Senior System Engineer
FlexGen is currently searching for a Senior System Engineer to create technical requirements and specification for various energy storage projects. This role will drive the engineering service for all energy storage system modeling, interconnection applications and project development. The right person will contribute to the software configurations needed to make FlexGen energy management system perform on site. This role will directly impact FlexGen's success by providing continuity in technical execution for many of the world’s leading-edge energy storage installations. This role reports to the head of System Solutions.
This position is located in FlexGen's Durham, NC office, remote may be offered for candidates close to project opportunities.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Create technical requirements and specification for energy storage projects
- Manage the vendor on major equipment (battery, PCS) specifications and qualification
- Drive the engineering service on energy storage system modeling, interconnection applications and project development
- Integrate the battery, PCS, and other LV/MV switchgear equipment in ESS system
- Lead the projects design engineering, execution and commissioning
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of work experience as an engineer or technical project manager.
- Full project life cycle experience. From design, to construction, commissioning, and service.
- Experience with renewable energy (solar, wind, and battery), and industrial communication protocols.
- Understand energy storage system modeling, including modeling of the battery system, as well as solar power systems and wind power systems,
- Understand three phase power system principles, such as short circuit protection, voltage/frequency variance, and grid stability.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on effective communication and delivery of relevant information to various stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and business process focus
- Ability to effectively communicate in formal and informal setting, both internal and customer-related.
- This position may require travel around 25% based on the commissioning schedule
- Technical execution and production qualification experience between customer and vendors.
- Familiar with electrical single line diagrams, mechanical drawings, and network diagrams.
- Experience with power converter, power system design, and energy storage products.
- Data processing skills to optimize the renewable resource (solar, wind, thermal, and battery) with local requirements and economic value
- Good knowledge about battery degradation, loss estimate and interconnection study requirements.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, switches, LAN and WAN configuration and cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience with medium voltage substation and high voltage transmission preliminary design.
- Experience with utility requirements, including CAISO, ERCOT and PJM
- Experience with renewable project civil design and construction process
- Experience with mechanical packaging for electrical products
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?