FlexGen is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our legal team in support of the company’s rapid growth. The legal assistant will report to the General Counsel and will work with the other members of the legal department, as well as business development, operations, and other teams, assisting with document preparation and management, and supporting compliance and governance activities.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Organize and maintain document management system
- Prepare, file, and maintain contracts and correspondence
- Support transaction due diligence
- Oversee execution and delivery of time-sensitive materials
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- At least 3 years of experience as a corporate legal assistant / paralegal in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Heavy focus on commercial contracts and corporate governance
- Tech savvy – ability to learn and operate at a high level in a variety of software applications; specific experience in Adobe Sign is a plus
- Experience on short form documents based on provided forms (e.g., NDAs, notices, consents, etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of document management systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced organization, managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High proficiency with full suite of Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 applications
- Comfort with a hybrid work environment, with the ability to work on site in the company’s Durham, NC or Delray Beach, FL office at least 3 days a week
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?