Manager, Sales Compensation Strategy
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Atlanta, Georgia, USA OR Remote (USA)
As a Manager, Sales Compensation Strategy, you will help scale our revenue-generating operations by analyzing & implementing compensation and reward programs for our revenue teams. You will design and implement the sales compensation plans and collaboratively across departments deliver motivating, accurate and timely commissions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design high grow compensation plans for all customer facing roles
- Collaborate with finance to administer sales variable payments, including commissions, draws, MBOs, and SPIFFs
- Manage and apply the sales compensation plan consistently, ensuring commission calculations comply with policies and manage exception requests
- Maintain sales compensation documents templates and execute distribution, ensuring accurate and timely to each employee on an incentive plan
- Address commissions inquiries, adjustments and corrections in a timely manner, providing a positive employee experience when resolving
- Deliver compensation metrics and reporting, including analyzing cost of sales month-to-month and quarter-to-quarter, summarizing findings to present to accounting leadership and business partners
- Ensure commission accuracy by performing monthly audits and data reviews
- Document and maintain business processes for monthly/quarterly close, commission accounting tasks, and audits
- Manage sales compensation tool set with finance and operations partners
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Flock Safety’s subscription and pricing models to provide deal structuring and quoting support to our revenue teams
- Drive adherence to internal controls, protocols and business rules
- Build processes to efficiently scale our revenue compensation strategy & operations
- Identify opportunities for improvement through compensation analytics & benchmarking
We’re looking for people who:
- 3+ years in a Sales Compensation role
- Bachelor Degree required; preferably in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; advanced skills in Google Sheets
- Experience in automated sales commissions systems and their set-up and operation (e.g. SPIFF, Xactly, Anaplan, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, proven attention to detail, good business acumen and awareness of business trends, high degree of motivation, responsibility, and flexibility
- Adeptness at business partnering and collaborating with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Affinity for defining and communicating policies, processes and business requirements
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SPIFF compensation tool
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or company with 100+ employees on a commission is a plus
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 7% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.65B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $105,000 - $135,000 as well as stock options.
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Something looks off?