Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock is looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to our Hardware Engineering team. This team owns discovery, design, testing and ongoing quality of all Flock Safety products and associated hardware. This will include working closely with our product and customer team around product requirements and collaborating closely with the Electrical Engineering team during the product design process.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Own and/or contribute to the enclosure and case design across Flock Safety’s main product segments, as well the development of related accessories, mounts, mechanical parts, and assemblies.
- Translate product requirements into mechanical design specifications, identify gaps and drive improvements.
- Develop and execute required lab and field test plans to validate and ensure reliability, durability, and quality standards are met.
- Work closely with sourcing, production and contract manufacturers to optimize material cost and performance decisions.
- Create and review technical drawings and documentation.
We’re looking for people who:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of product design and development in IoT, Consumer Electronics, or industrial market segments
- Hands-on manufacturing/prototyping experience
- Experience using industry standard CAD tools (preferably SolidWorks)
- Understanding of product manufacturing feasibility and DFM principles
- Familiarity with all relevant industrial and environmental standards
- Sheet metal and injection molding design experience
- Ability to read & create technical drawings, including electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Experienced with PLM and direct vendor engagements
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across multiple projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 7% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.65B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $105,000-$125,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Something looks off?