Forward Deployed Engineer
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
Forward Deployed Engineers build our business within the context of a single customer at a time. They seek out valuable problems that hold our customers back. The problems we work on are multi-domain, affecting cashflow, production, safety, and the environment. A Forward Deployed Engineer doesn’t stop at finding problems, but goes on to create solutions and prove their value, owning the process from start to finish. Forward Deployed Engineers, by solving a specific version of the problem for a specific customer, also help to navigate Gecko’s platforms - Gecko’s tools that scale across customers.
What you will do
- Solve Real Problems: We search for the highest impact problems we can find, we spend a lot of time with our customers to understand their true nature, we come up with new ways, and we don’t quit until we’ve reached impact.
- Growth: The problems we work on are hard. No one has yet solved them. We are constantly learning and trying - and that includes learning about ourselves. We are a group who loves to grow - even if it requires hard work to do so.
Technologies We Use
- Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. Willingness and interest to travel as needed.
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $120,000.00 to $265,000.00 annually plus equity and perks.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Gecko Robotics has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?