Data Mining Senior Manager
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Data Mining Team provides data ingestion and integration for a 1,000+ person sales force. From generating new leads, to analyzing source performance, to protecting database integrity, we are a critical department to help drive sales performance beginning at lead origination. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation of department strategy and overseeing the roadmap to achieve outlined objectives. In addition to managing intra-departmental members, you may also be responsible for managing the relationship and production of outsourced entities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of skilled data mining specialists developing large-scale web scrapers – developing people as you grow our business and technology
- Create and outline department strategy and project plans to improve our data ingestion processes and build a database with all potential prospective customers
- Leverage data tools to build out reporting best practices and drive actionable insights for our sales organization
- Partner cross-functionally with product/engineering and sales leadership to improve our existing infrastructure/processes
- Set performance expectations and guidelines for lead quality
- Foster a positive, supportive, and lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to take on new responsibilities
- Grow as a leader and a strategist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us reimagine and improve our culture and practices
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional experience within web scraping, data operations, sales operations, or other data-relevant fields
- 2+ years of experience building people and teams: embodying servant leadership, empowering teams & collaborative work practices
- Ability to collaborate with product, business, and sales counterparts, and present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, Snowflake, and Looker
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science is a plus
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $125,000-$160,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world