Associate Director, Operations & Strategy
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
Angi is seeking an analytical and energetic leader to help drive Operations and Strategy for our one of business lines. In this role you will own strategy development and execution of projects to support the growth of Angi Service’s marketplace.
The scope of this mandate is broad - from analyzing the supply and demand balance nationwide to ensuring we have the right pricing and the right product features enabled for a specific category. You will be responsible for driving strategy and identifying gaps and opportunities to optimize our marketplace metrics. You'll manage a team and work closely with counterparts in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience and Legal to solve challenging problems.
What you’ll do
The scope of this mandate is broad, and requires exceptional capacity to prioritize and focus:
- Lead marketplace metrics for multiple services across hundreds of US regions and sub-services, ensuring all customers have a great provider for their job
- Manage the incentives, provider payments and features to ensure the highest level of bookings completion
- Quality control - ensure we’re constantly improving the service we deliver and exceeding customer expectations
- Be the champion of our pro base - own the pro experience and pro retention
- Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to automate processes and add features
- Work closely with the executive team on all operational strategic priorities
Who you are
- An exceptional operator who has experience in tech marketplaces (startup preferred) and strategy (Top Tier consulting - Mckinsey/Bain/BCG or IB preferred)
- 5+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility
- Analytical and structured problem solver, willing to get to the details and uncover key insights
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations intensive environment
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing collaborative, results-oriented teams
- Superior communication skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to get hands dirty and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with deep knowledge of Excel and ideally proficiency in SQL
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $145,000 - $155,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world