IT Support Technician
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
As an IT Support Technician, you’ll join a diverse and skilled team who help maintain day to day IT operations for internal employees. We strive to provide stellar customer service, while resolving software or hardware issues to the best of our ability. We work across all organizational teams and closely with engineering teams to address customer requests by troubleshooting or providing guidance through a ticketing system. As a team we meet regularly to collaborate and ensure you have the resources needed to learn new technologies and to develop.
What you’ll do
- Resolve tickets requests daily for tier 1 and 2 technical issues and provide information to higher tier IT support if needed
- Own communication between end users and escalation teams for higher profile issues
- Maintain outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Participating in larger scale Enterprise IT projects
- Ensures that client computers connect seamlessly with file servers, email, networked printers, VPN, virtual computing technologies, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems
- Leverage administration tools in Google Workspace, Okta, Active Directory, and FreshService
- Train and guide staff in best practices for hardware and software usage
- Create and update documentation to reflect best practices and self service troubleshooting
- Use remote support tools to guide end users through troubleshooting steps
- Support testing and deployment of new applications and systems
- Participate in maintenance activities on hardware, operating systems, and software applications
- Support On-Site office operations (Printers, conference rooms, workstations setup)
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintenance of systems in coordination with other tech teams
Who you are
- Must have your high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical support position
- A+, Network+, and ITIL certifications a plus, but not required
- Action-oriented and solution driven towards technical issues
- Provide and receive feedback professionally and constructively
- Experience with troubleshooting both PC & Mac technical problems through remote tools
- Experience with modern IT Service Management systems a plus
- Ability to follow process and procedures and provide feedback on improvements
- Able to maintain composure when working through ambiguity and/or high profile issues
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $55,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world