Data Mining Specialist
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the Team
The Data Mining Team provides data ingestion and integration for a 1,000+ person sales force. From generating new leads, to analyzing source performance, to protecting database integrity, we are a critical department to help drive sales performance beginning at lead origination. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure for the department such as data warehousing, automated data ingestion tools, and integratabtle filtering systems to be used by junior members during data ingestion. Also may work occasionally with related outside departments for appending or lead distribution.
What You’ll Do
- May help junior members build initial crawls on new sources
- Maintain and update the current filtering system
- Identifies new sources for team to scrape
- Investigates new sources to expand book of business
- Reports on current lead and source performance
- Handles one-off lead requests from outside department
- May perform other duties assigned
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in building large-scale web scrapers
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred but not required
- Proficiencies in Excel and Python
- Familiarity with SQL, Looker, and/or Snowflake is preferred but not required
We Value Diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$115,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world