Principal Robot Engineer
Join Our Team
At IAM Robotics, we are a bold, gritty, and purposeful team with an ambitious mission to revolutionize fulfillment. Our team is driven by a client-first mentality: we aim to solve hard problems and fuel our clients’ growth with innovation. We are seeking talented individuals who will have a huge impact on both our business and our team. Join us on our mission as we move fast, think big, and have fun!
IAM Robotics delivers innovative automation technology that coordinates humans and robots as a cohesive system to revolutionize fulfillment. Our Meet MeTM solution combines proprietary software with person-to-goods mobile robots to increase efficiency in warehousing, distribution, and e-commerce operations. IAM Robotics provides the boost in productivity, flexibility, and speed that companies need to remain competitive and grow. Learn more at iamrobotics.com.
As a Principal Robot Engineer, you will focus on leading small teams in the design and implementation of software subsystems, testing, deployment, and life cycle support for our autonomous robotics product line, as well as, having the desire to mentor more junior team members.
As a core team member, you will be working on a team of engineers and designers, acting as a technical, algorithm, or component lead, having the knowledge of software development and algorithm implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with requirements-driven object-oriented software design as well as implementation on real-world hardware and embedded systems. In many cases, the candidate will be responsible for integrating their software with electro-mechanical components (sensors, actuators, servos, and motors)
- Responsible for assigned tasks that will include both improving our existing software components and developing new ones
- Feature- and sub-system-level ownership from requirements generation through design, development, testing, and deployment
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer or equivalent
- Experience with geometry-based Computer Vision approaches such as SLAM
- Experience with Cartographer
- Demonstrated ability to perform requirements-driven software design
- Experience with real-time systems, hardware interfaces, and distributed architectures (system of systems)
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C++, python, java, etc.)
Preferred Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience as a technical, component, or subsystem lead with 2 or more direct reports
- Experience with Unix / Linux
- Experience with software configuration management systems (git, svn, etc.)
- Experience with robotic systems
- Experience with commercial software deployment and support
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree and experience