Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At Motional, we’re passionate about building software that solves difficult problems. For our mission to deliver driverless, We are seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our global SRE Team. At Motional we count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower the organization. As a Motional SRE, you will work on scalable solutions for interacting and understanding the performance of our fleet. These solutions range from real-time IoT systems to big data collection, analysis and software validation and simulation.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with developers to design and implement scalable, highly available, and secure services
- Work closely with cybersecurity to maintain highly secure infrastructure
- Build, operate and maintain application infrastructure, infrastructure automation, and monitoring of infrastructure and applications
- Manage scaling of services
What We're Looking For
- Proven experience operating and scaling backend software services
- Deep understanding of Cloud services providers (ideally AWS)
- Good understanding of Linux, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience building application monitoring systems
- Experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Terraform
- MS, BS or BA in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with large scale data stores
- Experience with .Net Core and Python
- Experience with large scale compute
- Experience with Serverless infrastructure
- Experience with columnar databases
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Why would you want to join us?
- The chance to work on large scale data pipelines (PB level!)
- Building cutting edge, highly scalable orchestration platforms in the cloud
- Working with global teams to drive solutions engineering for driverless applications
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.