Sr. Software Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Hiring Manager: Engineering Manager
Estimated salary range: $145,000 to $185,000
• The salary offered for this position will be based on a candidate’s experience and skill demonstrated during interviews and other evaluations
Ocient is a hyperscale data analytics software company headquartered in Chicago, IL, enabling organizations to analyze trillions to quadrillions of data records in seconds. Ocient is searching for an experienced Software Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for low-level coding and performance optimizations. You will be working with industry-leading software architects to help implement and test a cutting-edge data warehouse.
You can work in our Chicago office or remotely from anywhere in the United States.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience writing code to solve complex problems using an object-oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java, C#)
- Familiarity with CPU architecture and assembly code.
- Strong understanding and application of data structures and algorithms.
- Some experience with C or C++ and Linux/Unix.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience architecting high performance, distributed systems
- Ability to own and manage all risk associated with large complex problems
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Experience configuring C/C++ build and test tools
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives,100Gb+ networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exits in Chicago’s history.