Sales - US Government
Sales & Business Development
Huntsville, AL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir's Sales Team is responsible for getting our software to government agencies and commercial institutions worldwide. Sales Reps find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities for a targeted institution or geography. They seek partners whose missions, objectives, and values align with our own. Each institution is different and each country has its own way of procuring software. Sales Reps see these distinctions as opportunities — for creative thinking, diligent research, and value creation. Rather than relying on past strategies for selling other enterprise software, successful Sales Reps tailor their approach to Palantir and to each unique opportunity.
Sales Reps cultivate existing relationships and work diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell is directly responsible for uncovering fraud, stopping wrongdoing, and saving lives, Sales Reps exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
- In coordination with Palantir leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a defined government or commercial institution and/or geography, typically focused on a single or limited number of customers.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Palantir counterparts to determine goals and targets
- Serve as the key point of contact between Palantir and given institution(s), and represent Sales Team at industry events and conferences
- Develop deep familiarity of product offerings and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems
- Exceed stated sales quota by winning enterprise contracts
- Work with the other Sales team members to improve and streamline internal processes
What We Value
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to understand customer requirements, map them to product offerings, and compellingly articulate solutions to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances
- Experience building and managing relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts
What We Require
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to US government institutions
- Active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain one depending on target account
- Ability to travel (50%+) per business needs
- Please submit a cover letter and resume along with a record of your sales experience. Include the size of the deals you have closed (use X for any values you are unable to disclose e.g. $XX million). Please upload them as a single PDF file using the “Attach Resume/CV" tool on the applicant page. If preferable, you may respond to the Optional Additional Questions instead of (or in addition to) submitting a cover letter.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.