PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company built to improve the ways that state and local government agencies interact and transact with their customers. Our modern solutions make it easy for agencies to become more efficient in their operations and achieve their missions.
PayIt consolidates software and payments into a connected customer experience experience and enables our clients to drive trust and satisfaction among their customers. PayIt solutions address state/provincial and local use cases, serving tax authorities, courts, motor vehicle departments, and conservation agencies. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
About the Product Manager:
PayIt is looking for a Product Manager to join our dynamic team. You will help to shape product strategy for our innovative platform which empowers government organizations and agencies to streamline their operations, enhance citizen services, and drive digital transformation. This individual will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our product offerings.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Kansas City metro (MO/KS) however, highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered in the following markets (NC, TX, MO, KS, GA, VA, PA, UT, FL, TN, MI, IL, and OH).
What You’ll Be Doing:
Manage product roadmaps, prioritization, and product requirements for government solutions and internal workflow tools.
- Work closely with design and software engineering through Agile development processes to turn requirements into high quality and complete software products.
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, and support to develop collateral such as product vision, descriptions, training for go-to-market, implementation and customer support
- Stay current on emerging technologies, industry best practices, and challenges relevant to state and local government, and incorporate them in product direction and roadmap as appropriate.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Strong leadership, product management skills and EQ
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems and solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data-driven insights to inform product decisions
- Excellent technical systems knowledge and the strategic ability to think beyond a tactical level, finding innovative, diverse, and elegant solutions that drive value
- Ability to ensure that requirements and client needs are aligned with the product vision/roadmap
- Passion for innovation, technology, and making a positive impact in the public sector
- Technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, and industry innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability to quickly shift mindset and change priorities in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience delivering products in the GovTech space
- Experience with workflow products and/or IVR solutions
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.