Service Desk Analyst III
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Location: Chicago
- Department: Information Technology
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs? Do you seek a workplace where you grow and transform your career?
The Service Desk Analyst III provides technical support to a mix of technical and non-technical internal customers by diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging software and/or networked systems. This position is the front line of IT support and requires frequent customer interaction, providing knowledge, updates, and the highest level of customer service. In this role, you must work collaboratively with others, apply critical thinking skills to solve problems and guide colleagues to appropriate solutions. This role may act as a point of escalation for junior-level analysts. You are expected to guide others through processes and procedures and independently resolve most issues without guidance. This role will also have functional or project responsibilities as needed.
- Provide the highest level of technical support to customers responding to inbound customer requests, incidents, and questions by diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing or configuring complex software and/or networked systems.
- Deliver a great customer experience through clear, focused communications, detailed tracking and documentation of all interactions, meeting or exceeding service-level targets, prompt escalations and adherence to all service desk processes.
- Help to develop, train and coach team members on technical best practices.
- Follow knowledge base materials for consistent responses to requests, issues, and questions. Identify gaps in knowledge or documentation and develop materials to remediate those gaps. Administer knowledge management process and implement best practice procedures.
- Partner with senior-level team members as needed to troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- Work with team managers to identify and recommend improvements to processes and procedures as well as opportunities for automation or transitioning work from other IT teams. Assist with the planning, development and implementation of that work.
- Demonstrate expertise within the products and platforms supported by IT in order to effectively support customers. Demonstrate initiative to expand skills and knowledge in products or platforms likely to be adopted soon.
- Meet identified goals with respect to documented metrics
- Maintain close attention to detail when categorizing and documenting tickets to ensure accurate reporting and maintenance of historical data. Assist with the evaluation of tickets ensuring adherence to process.
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures for creating, scrubbing, updating, escalating, transitioning, resolving and closing tickets.
- Collaborate closely with team members in all worldwide locations to provide consistent support experience and extended global support hours.
- Accurately track hours worked daily.
- Maintain the flexibility to participate in shifts or on-call schedules as needed or requested.
- Commitment to and consistent demonstration of core company values.
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical support capacity.
- Expertise in general operating systems (e.g., Windows 10, OS X, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Expertise in general desktop hardware, software, modern browsers, and networking concepts.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Expertise in using a service desk ticketing/tracking system.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals.
- 2 Year / Associate Degree or equivalent technical training.
- 3 years in a customer-facing role or equivalent education.
- Experience supporting clients as primary point of contact using all channels.
- Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Relativity is committed to competitive, fair, and equitable compensation practices. This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, an annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between $59,000 and $72,000. The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate's depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.