See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Solutions Architect on Twilio’s Segment product team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be tasked with leading technical on-boarding engagements with our customers and supporting ongoing efforts to build a world-class professional services organization. You’d be joining a team of dedicated individuals that care about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. So if you enjoy working with hard-working people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help customers instrument Segment APIs across their stack (web, mobile, server) and enhance the value generated from the many end tool and warehouse integrations Segment supports
- Complete on-boarding engagements within budget and scope
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our on-boarding engagements
- Work closely with the product team to improve customer success across our entire platform
- Become a guide on the code base and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have experience delivering technical engagements as projects in a consultation environment
- Are able to deal with variety of customers ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Have strong time management skills and are organized and detail obsessed
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Experience working closely with or implementing any of our Destination partners
- Experience working as a services consultant at any point in your career
- Expertise in multiple areas of the MarTech ecosystem and concepts including attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, web, mobile, NPS and more
- Can write SQL queries and have experience with data architecture
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 20% travel.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $120,160.00 - $150,200.00.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $127,280.00 - $159,100.00.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $141,360.00 - $176,700.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.