Embedded Software Engineer - relocation to Austin
We’re making the world a more walkable place. Through intuitive personal mobility, we make walking faster, more efficient, and more accessible to empower people to choose walking over sitting in traffic. By giving people the ability to Moonwalk, we believe the path forward to a better future is easily reached on your own two feet.
Help us advance the world’s fastest shoes by designing, prototyping, and testing reliable and innovative hardware. If you are looking for a job where MS Excel is a skill set, this is not the one. We want an engineer ready to push the boundaries and one who makes the impossible a reality. We are looking for a work ethic similar to an engineer in Formula One. You must deliver and iterate quickly. We are not here for mediocrity, we are here to create elegant engineering designs. Is it demanding? Sure, but it is also rewarding and fun.
While we embark on developing the next generation of Moonwalkers, we need to add to the Software team. Where we are looking for a person with a strong interest in the development, testing, documenting, and support of embedded system firmware and software.
We are covered in Wired, CNET, Gizomodo, PCMag and many other tech press.
- Designing and developing software use case tests for verifying hardware/software integration
- Implementing test plans and schedules in all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements - design - implementation - support)
- Supporting the development of requirement-based test plans
- Creating software solutions to identify and resolve system defects throughout the development cycle
- You will be involved in developing and delivering high-quality, mission-driven and safety-critical software solutions.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision; taking the initiative to get things done
- Ability to understand electronic schematics
- Understanding of software development and/or test processes
- Experience in developing and debugging embedded software
- Experience in integrating embedded software and hardware.
- Experience with oscilloscope, logic analyzer and similar tools
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of RTOS concepts
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and implementation
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of test automation, description, design and development
- Experience in DevOps pipeline in robotics development
- Experience in developing embedded software for ARM Cortex processors
- Experience with IDE: Keil uVision, STM32 CubeIDE, PSOC Creator
- Experience with memory mapped peripherals
- Knowledge of communication protocols (UART, I2C, SPI)
- Experience with multi-core and/or multi-processor embedded systems
- Embedded system diagnosing and debugging skills
- Knowledge of microcontroller I/O, A2D, power, and other peripheral configurations
- Knowledge of Motor-Control (BLDC FOC and/or Trapezoidal)
- Knowledge of RF communications
- Experience in Windows/Linux tools development
- Opportunities for participation in our Employee Options programs
- 401K retirement plan
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Massive Growth Opportunities and a long-term career
- Casual and comfortable work environment
Something looks off?