Global Marketing Manager, Hips (Memphis, TN or remote)
Smith & Nephew
Global Marketing Manager, Hips (Memphis, TN)
Life Unlimited. At Smith+Nephew, we design and manufacture technology that takes the limits off living.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Product Director, you will handle global marketing activities, including brand strategy development, product life-cycle management, NPI and business development projects management, brand promotion, events, sales training & medical education activities. The position provides support for the key brands within the revision hip marketing department.
What will you be doing?
- Develop & execute brand strategies including NPI, life-cycle management & product mix strategy.
- Leads New Product Development projects as a business leader and authority in customer needs and marketing requirements.
- Review defined product portfolio regarding strategic fit and company growth expectations and make recommendations on product introductions and exits.
- Be the subject matter expert for their brands, working closely with surgeons & internal teams to keep up to date on market segment trends including competitor market strategies and sales tactics.
- Provide product support for their key products. Examples of product projects include leading NPI projects including developing and leading user needs and voice of customer activities, business case development, product launches, ad campaigns & promotions, trade show preparation, sales training, medical education meetings, etc.
- Working in conjunction with sales management, develop comprehensive tools and informational resources to the sales force that create independence and confidence in customer interactions.
- Work with medical education team to develop customer-focused educational and learning programs.
- Coordinate major meetings and tradeshows activities for key brands
- Work with Evidence, Regulatory & Quality teams to understand evidence needs for market access, claim development & address customer complaints in a proactive manner.
- Support budget development process
Location: Memphis, TN strongly preferred. Willing to consider someone who will travel to Memphis one week a month to meet with development partners.
What will you need to be successful?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in 4 year college/university
- MBA degree is preferred. Advanced technical degrees (i.e. M.S., Ph.D., etc. are considered acceptable in place of an MBA).
- 7+ years of marketing experience in medical device, orthopedic field is preferred.
- International and Domestic Travel Expectations - 25-50% Global travel (Domestic and International) for trade shows, product support, KOL meetings, KOL development, market requirement evaluation, user needs development
- Digital marketing capabilities, data analytics, brand planning & creatives, in-depth knowledge of the New Product Development & Introduction process, business case development, financial knowledge, forecasting, other strong business acumens, strong technical skill
Inclusion, Diversity and Equity- We are committed to welcoming, celebrating and thriving on Diversity! Learn more about Employee Inclusion Groups on our website (https://www.smith-nephew.com/)
Your Future: we offer 401k Matching Program, 401k Plus Program, Discounted Stock Options, Tuition Reimbursement
Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flex Holidays, Paid Community Service Day
Your Wellbeing: We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (Employer Contribution of $500+ annually), Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave, Fertility and Adoption Assistance Program
Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model (For most professional roles)
Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, Mentorship
Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
Smith+Nephew is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Smith+Nephew will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please alert the recruiter if you are selected to move forward.
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Stay connected and receive alerts for jobs like this by joining our talent community.
We're more than just a company - we're a community! Follow us on LinkedIn to see how we support and empower our employees and patients every day.
Check our Glassdoor page for a glimpse behind the scenes and a sneak peek into You. Unlimited., life, culture, and benefits at S+N.
Explore our new website and learn more about our mission, our team, and the opportunities we offer.