Trauma Associate Sales Representative (Knoxville, TN) (Evergeen)
Smith & Nephew
Associate Sales Representative – Trauma
Do you have a passion for having a real impact on people's health and well-being? Are you bold and driven, striving to exceed quotas and be at the top of the rankings, year over year? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our Orthopedics-Trauma team.
The Associate Sales Representative is an entry level role responsible for supporting the sales team within an assigned territory with installations, troubleshooting and maintenance, demo inventory setup and customer in service. Other responsibilities may include transporting customer inventory between accounts and covering cases for sales reps within certain accounts.
The position requires the ability to assimilate and learn a high level of technical information as it relates to surgery and procedures.
- Learns and maintains a high level of technical information as it relates to orthopedic trauma surgery and procedures
- Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Trauma, Extremities and applicable Recon (Universal Products) product lines, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for these products.
- Assists with inventory moves between accounts.
- Covers Cases for reps at various selected accounts and provides moderate sales support.
- Provides technical information to surgeons consistent with product user manuals
- Assists and trains hospital personnel in the proper use and care of product and equipment
- Completes structured product/sales training assessments
- Supports the district sales targets by supporting existing accounts as well as developing and implementing a plan to develop new business opportunities
- Meets expected scoring for all classroom and on the job training assessments
- Establishes regular performance evaluations to ensure targeted development of the crucial quantitative metrics for territory growth (technical/clinical/procedural/relational/financial)
- Requires strong PC applications skills to include proficiency in various software applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processing, preferably Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Requires a dynamic, assertive individual with technical-oriented leadership ability and well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Requires ability to get to all customers’ operations and facilities via air, own automobile and local transport
- Meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology and dynamic business growth
- Ability to operate sophisticated medical equipment
- Hands on problem solving & ability to troubleshoot issues (i.e. take action on repairs, schedule outside resources, deal with productivity and/or quality issues.)
- Requires the ability to read computer output on CRT Screen and printed material
- Requires the ability to read complex reference material and written user manuals
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Requires valid driver’s license applicable to current residence to facilitate travel requirements of the position
Prefers a minimum (2) two years sales experience
All field sales professionals that are required to gain entry into healthcare facilities to perform the basic remit of their role, must successfully complete our credentialling process, which often includes COVID 19 vaccine management.
Smith+Nephew has a proud history of more than 160 years of improving health around the world. Whilst we have grown significantly from our beginnings as a small family pharmacy in Hull, England, our caring spirit has remained the same.
Care, Collaboration, & Courage:
Care means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.
Collaboration means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.
Courage is about continuous learning, innovation and accountability.
At Smith+Nephew, we offer competitive and rewarding compensation and benefits packages!
Our benefits packages vary from country to country and by level, but often the total package includes the following:
- A competitive salary with an annual commission plan.
- Strong Healthcare coverage.
- A competitive company retirement benefit scheme for all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Stay connected and receive alerts for jobs like this by joining our talent community.
We're more than just a company - we're a community! Follow us on LinkedIn to see how we support and empower our employees and patients every day.
Check our Glassdoor page for a glimpse behind the scenes and a sneak peek into You. Unlimited., life, culture, and benefits at S+N.
Explore our new website and learn more about our mission, our team, and the opportunities we offer.