Senior UI/UX Designer
Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, we are a remote-first company with more than 20 digital publications and over 500 global team members in the US, UK, Singapore, Australia, and the Philippines. We’re proud to have been repeatedly recognized as one of America’s fastest growing private companies by Inc., as well as a Tennessee top workplace. We work hard each day and have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
All positions are open to remote work unless otherwise specified in the requirements below.
TechnologyAdvice is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our growing team! As a member of the Product Team, your responsibilities will support the product development process, including gathering and analyzing insights from stakeholders, making decisions on how to improve our products from a design and user experience perspective, collaborating with business and engineering teams to define and execute against our product vision, and driving company initiatives forward.
In this role, you will work as part of a cross-functional product team supporting the growth and development of our audience across 30+ owned and operated websites, and providing best-in-class customer experiences in our proprietary software and platforms. The Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for designing the layout, usability, and visual appearance of the TA digital portfolio. Your goal is to make sure our sites are both visually pleasing and user friendly, constructing conversion-generating elements, as well as designing web pages in a way that translates well across various devices.
What you'll do
- User Research: Define and conduct customer and user research and testing, establish feedback loops with stakeholders and customers, and incorporate customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into all work
- Prototyping: Determine the user architecture of digital products to quickly design and create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to test on real users
- Iterative Design: Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Quality Control: Overseeing all deliverables produced by the UX team, ensuring quality and consistency
- Mentoring & Coaching: Providing feedback, coaching, and mentoring for members of the UX team to support their continued development and growth
- Collaboration: Communicate with product and engineering teams during the implementation process to create products that wow our end users
- Support New Products & Strategic Initiatives: Ideating, conceptualizing, and creating wireframes, designs, and other user experience artifacts for all new product and data initiatives
- Support Product Marketing: Creating assets for product marketing, including customer-facing collateral and website designs and components to promote our products and services
- Design Systems & Architecture: Define standards and maintain overall design system documentation for TechnologyAdvice platform
- Preferred: Understanding the principles of website design and web accessibility standards, responsive and interaction design, and wireframing and prototyping
Who you are
- Agile professional who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on continuously pivoting strategies to drive business needs forward
- 4+ years of professional UX experience
- Familiarity with the product development process and concepts
- Expertise in developing wireframes and prototypes, and crafting specific visual elements
- Extensive knowledge of user research and user testing methods
- Mastery of design thinking, user-centered design and other principles, such as usability techniques
- Experience overseeing and mentoring junior UX design team members
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Figma, Invision, Adobe XD or similar
- Experience in leading design processes, balancing user experience, business needs, and technical feasibility
What we offer you
Our benefits and programs are designed to make your life better for you and your family..
- Flexible schedule with remote, hybrid and on-site options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Pet insurance for your furry family members and co-workers
- Wellness perks that include the Headspace App and monthly fitness reimbursements
- Ongoing career development opportunities, mentorship program, bucket list benefit, and more
- In-office snacks, beverages, catered meals, and even some ping pong
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire in an employer approved US state and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
TechnologyAdvice seeks to hire top-tier individuals across the world and intends for our compensation to be at a rate that allows us to recruit and retain individuals who align with our core values, purpose, mission, and vision.
Final total compensation is based on a multitude of factors including, but not limited to, skill level, relevant experience to the position, and cost of labor.
We believe that our differences make us stronger, and thus foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.