Staff Writer, Taxes
Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, we are a remote-first company with more than 20 digital publications and over 500 global team members in the US, UK, Singapore, Australia, and the Philippines. We’re proud to have been repeatedly recognized as one of America’s fastest growing private companies by Inc., as well as a Tennessee top workplace. We work hard each day and have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
All positions are open to remote work unless otherwise specified in the requirements below.
The Staff Writer, Small Business Tax role at TechnologyAdvice is for our online publication Fit Small Business. This person creates high-quality, authoritative content directed toward small business owners with a focus on tax compliance, minimizing taxable income, entity selection, general tax planning, and state and local tax issues. The writer should have a solid understanding of how various tax entities are taxed and the differences between them. Previous writing experience is important.
This is an opportunity to make a career transition without losing the tax experience you already have. The job is also rewarding, especially if you enjoy teaching others. You make an impact that goes much further than just putting words on the page--potentially helping thousands or more small business owners manage their taxes the right way, saving money while avoiding compliance issues and penalties.
While we are always busy, our work is spread evenly throughout the year. Your workload won’t be any heavier in March than the rest of the year. We work hard year-round to make sure our material is the best it can be prior to the start of tax season.
What you'll do
- Writes publishable first drafts of 3-4 articles each week
- Consistently meets deadlines with articles of the highest quality
- Demonstrates expertise in the field of taxation
- Knows tax law and filing requirements and how to explain this information in a simple way
- Learns how to ideate future articles in the field of expertise, working with the Director of Content on a content calendar
- Learns how to do keyword research
- Works with SEO Marketing and Business Development to connect the work of those teams to the content
- Begins working on bigger content projects, offering expertise
- Collaborates with SEO marketing to increase visibility on the topics
- Attends conferences, and panels as an expert in taxation for small business (remote and/or in-person opportunities)
Who you are
- Agile professional who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on continuously pivoting strategies to drive business needs forward
- 3+ years in tax return preparation and planning
- 1+ years experience working with small business taxes
- Subject matter expertise in taxation and basic understanding of SEO
- Enjoy writing and can demonstrate writing proficiency on a test article and/or a current portfolio.
- Experience writing online articles preferred
- Collaborative and enjoy working with multiple team members
- Self-motivated and able to manage your time to meet deadlines
- Open to feedback and strive to learn something new every day
- Passionate about delivering the best answers to people’s questions
What we offer you
Our benefits and programs are designed to make your life better for you and your family..
- Flexible schedule with remote, hybrid and on-site options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Pet insurance for your furry family members and co-workers
- Wellness perks that include the Headspace App and monthly fitness reimbursements
- Ongoing career development opportunities, mentorship program, bucket list benefit, and more
- In-office snacks, beverages, catered meals, and even some ping pong
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire in an employer approved US state and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
TechnologyAdvice seeks to hire top-tier individuals across the world and intends for our compensation to be at a rate that allows us to recruit and retain individuals who align with our core values, purpose, mission, and vision.
Final total compensation is based on a multitude of factors including, but not limited to, skill level, relevant experience to the position, and cost of labor.
We believe that our differences make us stronger, and thus foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.