Sr. Instructional Designer
Location: 9045 River Road, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
On-site strongly preferred, candidates outside of Indianapolis who are willing to travel up to 25% of the time may also be considered.
Seeking a Senior Instructional Designer who develops training programs, curriculum, methods, and materials for various audiences, including employees, managers, customers, or other learners. Conducts skill assessments and collects input to identify training or development needs, goals, gaps, and requirements. Consults with subject matter experts to define learning objectives and to design appropriate course content and training curriculum. Develops curricula supporting defined competency models or skill frameworks. Writes and edits outlines, syllabus, lecture notes, and materials for in-person or online courses and self-study programs. Evaluates the software or collaboration tools to be selected for training. Establishes metrics to use to evaluate training effectiveness. May collaborate with vendors that provide training materials or conduct training.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of learning and development through the use of instructional design models and tools, such as ADDIE and Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Create content to support learning projects and programs that enable personnel to achieve the required standards of performance and compliance against program requirements.
- Use data to drive the design and development of training content, including instruments to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning.
- Create engaging, interactive learning content, especially for online learning, whether in the form of e-learning courses, videos, gamification activities, job aids, or additional modalities, with a strong customer focus.
- Maintain highly accurate documentation and record-keeping in support of training outcomes.
- Support and edit audio visual content
- Travel up to 10% as required (25% if not based out of Indianapolis).
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience required. Master's preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing engaging, effective, and large scale learning programs using successful Instructional Design strategies
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and needs assessment techniques
- Experience creating eLearning with Articulate 360
- Experience in leading design projects in which multiple functions contribute
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements in to learning programs including audio, video, animation, and self-developed graphics
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft 365 products
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.