Senior Product Alliances Manager
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
In this dynamic Senior Product Alliances Manager role, you’ll manage industry-leading software and data-focused partners through the partnership lifecycle. In this role, you will manage prospective partner identification and vetting, partner program agreements, partner onboarding, enablement, go-to-market planning and execution, and internal and external stakeholder communication – all with a focus on customer success. You will own developing key relationships and delivering on commitments that will strengthen partnerships, customer relationships, and market presence. This dynamic team is the perfect place to build and shape Veeva’s partner programs and impact customer success through strategic and meaningful partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Manage technology and data partnerships through the entire lifecycle – partner identification, onboarding of select partners, enablement, certification, and go-to-market
- Establish deep relationships with strategic partners including understanding their strategy, decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps, and go-to-market plans.
- Host executive meetings such as quarterly business reviews with input and involvement from key stakeholders
- Analyze the strategic fit of prospective partners, from financial health to technology and customer approach, and gain consensus on partnership opportunities from stakeholders across Veeva
- Manage and extend the partner programs to ensure product and customer success
- Define criteria to support new partnerships: technical requirements, training, and certification requirements, go-to-market requirements, and customer feedback
- Work with our product teams throughout the buy/build/partner process to identify core areas of opportunity
- Ensure partners meet the criteria necessary to be in good standing with our customers and our internal teams, identify and track success metrics
- Work with legal, product teams, strategy, marketing, and other stakeholders to define contractual requirements, the business case for partnership, and to negotiate the agreements where necessary
- Develop and manage global go-to-market plans, initiatives and including activities such as education and awareness for the field-facing teams, strategic account collaboration, and support for customer initiatives
- Collaborate with Veeva Marketing to create sales tools, datasheets, case studies, field enablement activities, event sponsorship, Veeva Summit, and mutually beneficial joint marketing activities
- Ensure consistent messaging internally and externally and that partners understand and adhere to branding and trademark guidelines for PR and other communications and outreach
- Work as the primary point of contact for partners and Veeva stakeholders and as a liaison between our partners and our product teams.
- Manage the collection of partner and customer feedback related to partner integrations and use that feedback to improve partner programs and relationships for the benefit of our mutual customers.
- Track customer success and adoption
- BA or BS required
- 8+ years of business development, partner management, product management, or product marketing experience
- Excellent communicator (across teams, internally and externally with partners and customers)
- Demonstrable contract and C-level negotiation experience: strategic ISV partnerships, OEM and/or reseller agreements
- Experience in SaaS (Salesforce, Adobe, and other cloud-based software) in a product management, product marketing, sales, or alliances capacity
- Experience creating sales and marketing tools, demos, demo scripts, battle cards, training, and delivering leadership communications
- Demonstrated product and technology aptitude and willingness to learn about technology trends such as digital transformation, GenAI, and more
- Aptitude and experience in developing, negotiating, and implementing partner business plans that drive revenue goals and meet partnership objectives
Nice to Have
- Experience developing and leading customer or partner advisory boards, customer surveys, and other “voice of the customer” programs
- Life Sciences industry experience
- Experience working with data providers
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.