Senior Health Data Analyst - Data Onboarding, Veeva Compass
IT, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As the Senior Health Data Analyst on the Data Onboarding Team for Veeva Compass, you’ll focus on delivering quality data in our suite of Compass data products.
Veeva Compass is our suite of data products, including prescription and medical claims record-level data to support more broad de-identified patient analytics and projected prescription and medical claims data to support HCP-level engagement.
You’ll drive quality health data as part of our Product team. You’ll focus on two key areas:
Data onboarding - onboard health data sources, focused on understanding the supplier data and how it may impact our data network. You’ll own the analytics for how new data affects our data network and identify product improvements to better assimilate new data.
Data quality of our onboarded data - Support quality metrics, identify improvements, and work cross-functionally to launch new features to continue to enhance our data. You’ll focus on productizable improvements that work at scale across billions of records.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about data and excited about working alongside Product Managers, Customer Success Managers, Engineers, and QA to implement improvements to continue to enrich our data and drive product excellence.
What You'll Do
- Bring on new health data suppliers into our Compass suite of products. Work with Product Managers for any new features needed to support new or existing data suppliers
- Understand our data network - such as areas of strength, biases, and provide recommendations to continue to strengthen the network
- Understand our product pipeline and impact on onboarded data to identify improvements
- Build standard templates and practices to streamline data onboarding
- Own key analytics projects in the data quality roadmap
- Design new data analytics and data quality features & capabilities, including features such as match, merge, dedupe logic, value enrichment, and reference mappings
- Establish quality metrics and build dashboards to drive continuous improvement of our data products for key areas such as merging, payer data, lab, prescribers, etc.
- Own the investigation and resolution of data observations and data questions
- 4+ years of experience analyzing prescription data and medical claims data
- Advanced SQL skills; able to query and manipulate relational databases
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Experience documenting and presenting analytics results to stakeholders
- Experience defining KPIs and building dashboards to measure success
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python
- Expertise in lab data
- Experience in enterprise products
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.