Software Engineer - Front End
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for Front-end Software Engineers who are eager to build in a dynamic, startup environment inside a stable, profitable company. Our teams are solving complex problems that impact the speed and effectiveness of the life sciences industry. In this role, you’ll jump right in, develop in rapid sprints, and find quickly that we don’t believe in throwaway technology. You build it — we ship it.
What You'll Do
- Be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about creating industry-changing, cloud-based applications and platforms
- Solve real customer problems and experiment with new ideas
- Decompose existing software systems while working with and influencing others to improve the overall architecture
- Collaborate with QA engineers to ensure accurate and comprehensive testing coverage
- Contribute to troubleshooting and technical support of the product
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 2+ years of UI development experience
- ES6 experience
- Familiarity with open-source Java stack development (Java, Gradle, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of unit test frameworks like Jest and React-testing-library
- Proficiency with CSS abstraction layers (e.g. SASS or JSS)
- In the Pacific time zone or the Mountain time zone
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with backend REST service development in Java
- Knowledge of the Spring framework
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product development
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.