Data Analyst - Veeva Compass Solutions Consulting
IT, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Data Analyst focused on Veeva Compass Solutions Consulting and Pre-Sales Support, you will own analyses that demonstrate the quality, coverage, and strengths of our data network, as well as conduct data investigations prompted by inbound customer inquiries.
You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva, working closely with Compass Strategy and Account Partners to position Compass data products (patient data and prescriber data) in-market and fuel product line growth.
In your role, you will be responsible for performing and presenting pre-sales analysis to showcase Veeva Compass value to our customers. You’ll perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of data issues or anomalies that impact customers. You will curate observations of our data and customers’ use of it, sharing feedback with Strategy and Product to enhance market positioning and inform the Compass roadmap.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health data and thrives in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment.
What You'll Do
- Research customer’s therapeutic area to understand diagnosis/treatment patterns, population characteristics, and market dynamics
- Build therapeutic area market definitions to represent populations of interest for analysis
- Perform data querying, cleansing, analysis, and QC to support customer requests
- Manage projects and analyses to ensure timely deliverables that meet client needs and address key business questions
- Derive insights from prescription and medical claims data to demonstrate the value and unique dimensions of our data network
- Understand data in the context of customer use cases, identify data gaps, and develop recommendations as to how data may be used/interpreted
- Build overall expertise on the data in Veeva Compass, contributing to the development of normative databases, documentation, and standardized reporting to support customers
- Conduct exploratory analytics to understand data anomalies and elevate meaningful observations to the product for further analysis
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Developers to ensure high-quality data delivery to our customers
- Gathering report requirements from customers and presenting results of analyses performed to customers
- Lead and contribute to internal analytics initiatives supporting pre-sales and highlighting recent market events, including data network profiling, therapeutic area analysis, and dashboarding
- 4+ years experience working with big data for healthcare (claims data and prescriber data)
- Expert in SQL
- Expert in MS Office and/or Google Apps (PowerPoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets, etc.)
- Proficient with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, etc.
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings, and working with reference tables
- Experience investigating data issues and working with a cross-functional team for problem resolution
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC, etc.
- Therapeutic area knowledge
- Experience working with lab and genomics data
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience working with a product and/or agile teams
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.